The Littlest Girl goes to a gymnastics class once a week, and the schedule is such today that I and The Little Girl get to take The Littlest Girl. This is going to be fun. I hope I get to do flips on the trampoline.
- It was a very busy day yesterday on the transaction front for the Cubs, so if you missed anything (including the official departure of pitching coach Jim Hickey):
- Pretty easy to see why the Cubs had interest in Ian Clarkin as a lottery ticket, even if he probably still needs more time in the minors before he could be a useful big league reliever:
After returning from a groin injury, Clarkin was more or less moved into relief role by White Sox at AA in mid-July. From then on, he posted a 1.71 ERA over 31.2 IP. His K and BB rates were nothing to write home about, but he got a crapload of grounders & was impossible to hit.
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) November 20, 2018
- A new Cubs prospect on the top 30 at MLB Pipeline, and it’s a guy who is exposed to the Rule 5 Draft (but who only just this year turned it on at High-A):
— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) November 21, 2018
- It was a good signing. He was great at the front end when the team was playoff caliber, then trailed off when they weren’t. That’s how these deals are (realistically) supposed to play out:
— Cubs Talk (@NBCSCubs) November 20, 2018
- More on the Soriano signing and legacy here. Wild to think back to when Soriano was signed – that era – and then see these guys together and remember they were teammates for more than a year:
- Fantastic news about a former Cub who nearly died because of a mysterious infection:
Leonys Martin was in Cleveland today and underwent scheduled follow up testing with doctors at the Cleveland Clinic.
He was given full clearance to resume all activity with an unrestricted strength & condition program in preparation for Spring Training.
Welcome back, Leonys! pic.twitter.com/EogpnPqqDR
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) November 20, 2018
- Fun fact:
#DailyDidYouKnow — RHP Duane Underwood Jr. made his Triple-A debut as a pinch-runner in extra innings on Opening Day. He scored the winning run on a walk-off single from Efren Navarro. pic.twitter.com/ADEqzxuQVT
— Iowa Cubs (@IowaCubs) November 21, 2018
- Gritty gets my vote:
— Gritty (@GrittyNHL) November 20, 2018
- Clothes, art, toys, gift baskets – so many deals today at Amazon as part of its Black Friday Deals Week.
- Meanwhile, Fanatics is doing clearance and free shipping today, while the MLB Shop is 25% off all orders. Also, if you were gonna get some Cubs collectibles and memorabilia, this is the week to do it.