The Cubs laced up the ole pigskin today, finding the end zone three times and tacking on a field goal before the fourth quarter wrapped up.
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) March 24, 2019
- Would you like to watch a six-run inning, a five-run inning, and a seven-run inning? Cheers:
- The Cubs’ lineup was mostly minor leaguers and bench guys, but they all raked today. David Bote had four hits, Mark Zagunis had two hits and two walks, Victor Caratini had two hits, Cristhian Adames had three hits, and Phillip Evans had four hits, including a double and a homer.
- On the pitching side of things, Tyler Chatwood had another walk-less, scoreless inning (two strikeouts), and Dillon Maples struck out the only three guys he faced.
- New Cub Tim Collins also got in a scoreless inning of work.
- Yu Darvish made his last tuneup start on the minor league side, and it went well:
Some shots from Darvish Day on the Minor League side… pic.twitter.com/MFixOlonS9
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) March 24, 2019
- A little Theo on Happ:
Epstein didn’t go into specifics re Happ’s swing but pretty obvious he has to shore up a hole. Said yesterday was a tough day at camp.
— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) March 24, 2019
- Briefly former Cub, and now-retired lefty Jaime Garcia was in Cubs camp today:
Theo, Randy Bush catching up with Jaime Garcia pic.twitter.com/KpMU5RKVrL
— Mark Gonzales (@MDGonzales) March 24, 2019