The Cubs have shared a good bit on their fancy food selections this, as well as their near 100% increase in concessions areas in the upper deck this year.
From the team’s release:
Over the past five years, the Cubs have expanded their unique concessions offerings by 34 percent and added approximately 100 new points of sale throughout Wrigley Field as a result of their efforts to preserve and improve the ballpark. Fans in the upper level will enjoy enhanced food and beverage selections and faster service with nearly double the points of sale this year compared to 2018.
New food, beverage and dining experiences at Wrigley Field this season include:
- Pork Tenders: crispy hand-breaded pork strips served with Japanese barbecue sauce and cabbage and carrot slaw
- Beer Can Chicken Sandwich: beer-marinated chicken breast served with Dijonnaise, shredded lettuce, tomato and bacon on a brioche bun
- Wrigley House Chips: ranch-seasoned chips made in-house, served with Buffalo ranch dipping sauce
- Short Rib Disco Fries: braised beef short rib, roasted garlic aioli, queso fresco and green onions atop crispy fries
- Italian Seasoned Chicken Sandwich: Italian-seasoned grilled chicken with controne pepper, pesto aioli, lettuce and vine ripe tomatoes, served on a split top bun
- Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich: Gruyere, Butterkäse and cheddar cheese with tomato jam, served alongside house-made chips and a creamy pesto dip
- Crispy Pork Sandwich: crispy breaded pork strips on a pretzel bun, topped with house-made pickles and onions, creamy Dijon, lettuce and vine ripe tomatoes
- Impossible Burger: plant-based meat alternative with the same aroma and juiciness of real beef, served with chipotle lime aioli, American cheese, lettuce and tomato on a brioche bun
- Southwest Fiesta Specialty Hot Dog: Vienna Beef hot dog topped with chili lime crema, pico de gallo, tortilla strips and house-made pickled peppers
- Walking Taco: Fritos topped with chili con carne, nacho cheese, pico de gallo and pickled jalapeños
Expanded selection of craft beer and local brews – fans can sip new flavors and varieties of beer, cider, wine and spiked seltzer this season:
- More than a dozen new draft and packaged craft beer selections will be served across the venue from breweries with Chicago and Midwest roots
- Alongside domestic draft favorites, fans will find cream and fruit ales, mango wheats, German style Kölsch, rosé cider and local IPA
- The ballpark also will offer a 24 oz. large domestic draft this season
- Fans can order wine by the bottle served in a souvenir Cubs carafe or sample a rotating selection of seasonal varietals thanks to an expanded partnership with Terlato Wines
You can see more on the Cubs’ food selections right here. Let me get at those short rib fries, man. I’ll even wear the helmet after.
— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) March 25, 2019