I am four days into a daily meditation plan and am starting to feel better about some things. It’s early, but good vibes at this point are better than the alternative.
- The future is bright with No. 58 in the middle of the defense:
BOOM! This Roquan Smith highlight package should get you going in the right direction on this Hump Day.
— Bleacher Nation Bears (@BN_Bears) February 13, 2019
- Roquan Smith showed unquestionable growth throughout his rookie season. Smith has come a long way from being limited to a handful of snaps in the season-opener against Green Bay after missing training camp because of a hold out and sitting out preseason games to nurse a hamstring injury. Sure, Smith’s coverage skills could use some work, but his instincts and athleticism allow Smith to properly utilize his blitzing ability and tackling prowess to the best of its abilities. The arrow is certainly pointing up for the University of Georgia product.
- He sure didn’t:
In his first season with Chicago – Allen Robinson did not disappoint pic.twitter.com/bjyCW4At6s
— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) February 13, 2019
- It’s amazing that Allen Robinson put together an all-time great playoff performance by a Bears receiver while playing through fractured ribs. Robinson didn’t put up the 1,000-yard receiving season we were rooting for, but missing three games due to injuries cost him a shot at reaching that mark. For Robinson to do what he did in his first season after an ACL injury is well-deserving of all the praise. A 1,000-yard receiving season is on the way if he can play at the level he did during that playoff loss to the Eagles.
- Two-sport athletes have an ability to use what they learned in one game and apply it to another. I’m not sure what Mitch Trubisky can learn from drilling long balls, but I’m here to find out:
- Lists that don’t have Trubisky as a quarterback on the rise are irrelevant. Dude hits pumps.
- Well, this isn’t an opinion I expected to see:
I'm one of the few people outside Chicago that actually enjoyed watching Trubisky's rookie season tbh.
— Johnny Kinsley (@Brickwallblitz) February 13, 2019
- Only time will tell how much value there was in Trubisky playing his rookie season under the ultra-conservative John Fox/Dowell Loggains offensive game plan. For what it’s worth, there were experiences worth learning as a rookie in a no-pressure situation. But to be honest, it can be difficult to see the forest through the trees.
- Cody Whitehair was thisclose to being the highest-graded center in the NFC North:
2018's highest-graded centers in the NFC North pic.twitter.com/beJMSEzdLz
— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) February 12, 2019
- John Mullin of NBC Sports Chicago takes a glance at storylines surrounding the Bears’ opponents in 2019. Everyone has something going on, but that AFC West is a horse of a different color. There are few divisions as compelling as the AFC West, which features two playoff teams (Chiefs, Chargers), coming off disappointing finishes, one team (Broncos) bucking head-coach hiring trends, and a team (Raiders) that doesn’t have a home at this point. So much drama.
- Of course, the only other division that could hold a candle to the AFC West right now might be the Bears’ other divisional opponent. Chicago plays the four NFC East teams in 2019, which means drama surrounding Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, Eli Manning, and the unknown future for Carson Wentz is on the horizon.
- A contract update regarding Browns running back Kareem Hunt:
Full details on Kareem Hunt's one-year deal with the Browns, per source: a base salary of $645,000, a $25,000 per-game roster bonus for each game that he is active, a $55,000 offseason workout bonus.
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 13, 2019
- So if Hunt is active for at least 10 games and collects his offseason workout bonus, he’ll get a slight increase in pay from what his rookie deal would have provided.
— Bear Report (@BearReport) February 12, 2019
- Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, so prepare yourselves to spend accordingly:
- Baby clothes, speakers, and building blocks are among the Deals of the Day at Amazon today.