Everybody loves baseball season until your favorite team’s bullpen coughs up late leads in consecutive games to a team projected to finish at the bottom of the AL West. At least there are 159 more games to get it right. Onward.
- Let the games begin. The Browns, Dolphins, and Buccaneers will begin their respective offseason workout programs today, while the Packers, Cardinals, Bengals, and Jets will get things rolling next week. Teams with new head coaches get the ball rolling first as they implement new systems and schemes to their teams, while everyone else – including the defending NFC North champion Chicago Bears – can begin workouts on April 15.
- It doesn’t matter if you’re starting your programs today, tomorrow, next week or on the 15th, you’re not going to look as fly as the Bears:
- As if there was any doubt who had the best uniforms in the game. Ha!
- They’ll be that much more nicer in 2019 when everyone is rocking a number in the 100s.
- But seriously, the commitment to the bit is strong:
#Bears going deep with the long con here.
They even have the 1 added to the official online roster pic.twitter.com/lu8o5PSnzi
— Matt Eurich (@MattEurich) April 1, 2019
- I can’t get enough of this throw:
Big Time pic.twitter.com/DskGjmvFZq
— Olin kreutz (@olin_kreutz) March 30, 2019
- Arm strength. Accuracy. Poise. The ability to get it off just before being drilled by a pass-rusher. It’s all on display in what was one of the biggest plays of the Bears’ season and would have been thought of in a better light had Cody Parkey made a field goal. Sigh. But I’ll take more of that from Mitch Trubisky and Allen Robinson in 2019, please.
- FINAL: Michigan State 68, Duke 67. Khalil Mack minutes played: 0. See … you didn’t need the all-world defensive stud to eliminate Zion Williamson and friends – even though he was soooo ready for it. You had it in you all along, Sparty. Good for you!
- Coffee and a ridiculously dirt-cheap smart TV are among today’s Deals of the Day at Amazon.
- Obligatory compensatory pick status update:
Compensatory pick update for those teams that are currently slated to receive at least one comp pick in 2020 https://t.co/07W2e9Lib8
— Brad_OTC (@BradOTC) April 1, 2019
- We know better than to put too much stock in what happens in preseason, but I liked what running back Ryan Nall put on tape as an undrafted free agent. I also have a soft spot for try-hard players who go all-in on their craft. So, yeah, I’m digging this offseason training snapshot:
- Depending on how the Bears draft, Nall could be in the mix for a spot at the end of the 53-man roster. Perhaps offseason training like the video above will help him get that much closer to achieving the ultimate dream.
- P.S.: The NFL Draft is *THIS* month. Offseason … what offseason? Feels like the Super Bowl ended yesterday. It all goes so fast.
- Who better to highlight the draft’s top receivers than Curtis Conway, the No. 7 pick in the 1993 NFL Draft who picked up back-to-back 1,000-yard receiving seasons for the Bears in 1995 and 1996:
— NFL (@NFL) March 31, 2019
- Well, I’m glad SOMEONE said it:
"Did the Packers overspend in free agency?"
Yes, that's what bad teams have to do and the Packers have been a bad team. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
— Aaron Nagler (@AaronNagler) April 1, 2019
- You can never have enough special teams help:
RB and special teams ace Benny Cunningham will visit the Jags this week
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) April 1, 2019