I was planning to make a big breakfast for my grandmother today, but instead she was OK with just “pan con mantequilla” – or French bread with butter. Sometimes it’s the most simple things that make for a decent breakfast.
- New year. New Bears. New workout digs.
- Back in November 2017, the Chicago Bears announced renovation and expansion plans for Halas Hall. And judging by the video above, the Bears’ revamped facility looks pretty sweet. Remodeling the home of the Bears was something that was a long-time coming and GM Ryan Pace deserves some kudos for pushing the envelope and getting the ball rolling in order to make it happen. Here’s hoping a new facility further aids the Bears to achieving their Super Bowl dreams.
- I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to quantify how much a new workout facility matters as far as making players better or keeping them healthy, but I can’t imagine that it doesn’t help. Modernizing facilities is one small step that could certainly help more than we realize.
- The Bears will have a new running back in their stable working out at Halas Hall soon enough. And while there is no shortage of prospects for the Bears to pluck in the draft, few intrigue more than Mike Weber:
#Bears coach Matt Nagy and GM Ryan Pace put Ohio State RB Mike Weber through a private workout. Which skills may have caught their eye to make him a potential fit for the backfield?
On the clock: https://t.co/fdycTHmLA8
— dan durkin (@djdurkin) April 12, 2019
- Dan Durkin of The Athletic highlights what makes Ohio State’s Mike Weber a draft-weekend possibility for the Bears. Weber’s career arc is an interesting one. He was the Big Ten’s Freshman of the Year in 2016, but hamstring problems pushed him down the depth chart into a role as a third-down back where he polished up his receiving and pass-blocking skills. Weber has experience as a power rusher and pass catcher, but doesn’t have a ton of wear-and-tear as he shared time in the Buckeyes backfield over the year. That’s worth keeping in mind as we look at Bears running back candidates come draft day.
- Before getting back to business on Monday, Bears Head Coach Matt Nagy experienced a tradition unlike any other:
— Dan Wiederer (@danwiederer) April 14, 2019
- I’ve long been weary of coaches who are too coachy. Sure, the business of football can be serious. But if you dive in too hard for too long, burnout can happen. In my eyes, it’s healthy that Nagy isn’t glued to a playbook right now and enjoying some of the finer things in life. Clear the mind, re-charge the batteries, and live a little. Then go back to football when the time calls for it.
- But seriously, a father-son trip to the Masters sounds like something for the bucket list for golf fans.
- Always good to see Bears players doing things for the kids:
- The defenders of peace and justice in the NFC North are here to settle conflicts:
— Inside The Bears (@InsideTheBears) April 13, 2019
- Anyone want to help out new Bears running back Mike Davis with a suggestion:
I need a meal prep in Chicago
— IG MikeDavisRB (@MikeDavisRB) April 13, 2019
- Get it right for the summer, which might never come if this snowy ridiculousness doesn’t go away:
- *inserts Game of Thrones reference here*
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) April 14, 2019
- Mitch digs it:
This is sick haha well done https://t.co/f7Pd6P0Yml
— Mitchell Trubisky (@Mtrubisky10) April 14, 2019
- The folks at Fanatics are doing a two-day clearance event. You can find all sorts of team gear by following this link.