The internet turned me into a meme, so I’m hoping that – in turn – we can raise some money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation:
Yes #Cubs fans, it’s real! The @lcm1986 meme T-shirt is now available! Comes in a variety of colors! @Cubs, if you want to make this the official shirt of #SocialMediaNight, you have my permission! A portion of each sale will go donated to @JDRFhttps://t.co/lrMZgJH4xD pic.twitter.com/3RmU9lJmwp
— crawly's cub kingdom (@crawlyscubs) April 29, 2019
- If the Bears are going to reach Super Bowl heights in 2019, their draft class must come through in a major way. Greg Gabriel (670 The Score) believes the Bears added several immediate contributors via the draft, which should go a long way toward helping the team reach its goals.
- Runs like this from third-round running back David Montgomery will look good at the next level:
Doing a little film review on new #Bears RB David Montgomery. Love how he keeps his legs moving, gets through contact and breaks tackles. Turns what should have been a loss on the play into a first down here vs. Oklahoma: pic.twitter.com/0X0f5waL4X
— Zack Pearson (@Zack_Pearson) April 29, 2019
- That’s a pro-style run on 4th-and-short from Montgomery. Legs don’t stop, tackles get broken, a fourth down gets converted into a first. Running backs who move the chains are worth their weight in gold.
- These guys love working together on Sundays and I love watching them:
- In case you were wondering, that’s a combined 168 tackles, 18 tackles-for-loss, 23 quarterback hits, and 17.5 sacks. Be afraid, opposing quarterbacks. Be very, very afraid.
- The Bears are must-see-TV, per Vegas handicappers:
— Covers (@Covers) April 29, 2019
- It’s probably not a coincidence that the Bears are on the must-watch list and their power ranking is on the rise and comfortably, per NFL.com analyst Elliot Harrison.
- Seeing the most visible Bears reach out into the community is a wonderful thing:
On a visit to READI Chicago last week, Tarik Cohen and George McCaskey connected with men at the highest risk of violence in the city. Here's the program's story and how the Bears are involved: https://t.co/sgYqjDRpcY
— Colleen Kane (@ChiTribKane) April 30, 2019
- You can never have enough tryouts:
Missouri P Corey Fatony has a tryout with the Bears, per the school
— Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) April 29, 2019
- I doubt that Corey Fatony (or anyone for that matter) is going to push Pat O’Donnell for his punting gig, but never say “never” … right? For what it’s worth, the Bears worked out Mitch Wishnowsky during the pre-draft process, so at least they kept their options open in that regard. The 49ers drafted Wishnowsky in the fourth round on Saturday, presumably because they expect to be punting a lot in 2019.
- A word to the wise: If you’re going to follow Bears players (or any professional athlete) on social media, don’t be a jerk about it. Now that we’ve got that out of the way, the Bears’ official Twitter feed shared the handles of each member of this draft class:
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) April 29, 2019
- But seriously, don’t be a jerk to anyone online. Got it? Good.
- Thanks for watching the draft with me:
2019 NFL DRAFT REACHES NEW HEIGHTS AND RECORD NUMBERS – 47.5 MILLION VIEWERS AND 600,000 FANS IN ATTENDANCE YIELDING THE HIGHEST RATED, MOST WATCHED, AND MOST ATTENDED EVER: https://t.co/NliaP5jyOj
— NFL345 (@NFL345) April 29, 2019
- Instant Pot is among the Deals of the Day at Amazon today, and I am intrigued. You might be, too.