I’m starting my day with the Bleacher Nation gang at Wrigley Field for the first of a three-game set against the Cardinals before heading out to Rosemont for the Bears100 Celebration. So to say I’ve got a full day of #stuff going on might feel like an understatement. I suppose now is a good time to get hydrated for the events to come.
- Raise your hand if you are ready for this:
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) June 7, 2019
- Yep, me too.
- This will be my first Bears fan-fest, so there is an extra bit of juice flowing through me right now. But because it’s my first, I’m not 100 percent sure what to do after Opening Ceremonies. When the Bleacher Nation bunch goes to the Cubs Convention, going to Lizzie McNeil’s is a tradition unlike any other. What’s the Rosemont version of Lizzie’s? Bub City? Hofbrauhaus? I think we have some decent options, but I’m open to ideas. In any case, I’m looking forward too seeing all of you tonight.
- An important fan-centric primer to this weekend’s events:
— Patrick Finley (@patrickfinley) June 7, 2019
- Before you head out to Rosemont, I feel like the Bears100 landing page is another good place to go for your celebratory and planning needs.
- I love that Bears fans are so passionate about the all-time all-Bears team. So much so, one fan offered up the idea to change the defensive alignment to a 3-4 look to allow Brian Urlacher to join the fray at inside linebacker. Brilliant!
- Anybody hungry?
- The newest episode of the Hoge and Jahns Podcast should keep those of you en route for tonight’s festivities entertained for a bit.
- This is just a small snippet of football activities, but it gets me hyped for the year to come:
- In case you are curious, there are 90 days until the regular season starts.
- Good luck throwing at this guy:
The Bears’ Kyle Fuller has produced 39 combined INTs (9) + pass breakups (30) since the start of the 2017 season. pic.twitter.com/tQiNCGeYUQ
— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) June 5, 2019
- I was going to drop an Andre 3000 “Prototype” reference here, but I thought it was way too much of a deep cut for a Friday morning. But still … Khalil Mack is The Dude at the 6-7 technique on defense:
- Is there a way to learn this power?
Bears tight end Bradley Sowell revealed on @ChicagoBears All Access that he is down 22 lbs. This, in the name of transforming to the TE position.
— Mark Grote (@markgrotesports) June 6, 2019
- This is a good tweet and I don’t understand why people are giving Robert trouble in his @ replies:
I, for one, think Mitchell Trubisky already has dethroned Aaron Rodgers.
— Robert Mays (@robertmays) June 6, 2019
- If my favorite football writer at The Ringer tweets it, then it must be true. Right?
- But also, if you think Mitch Trubisky is the fourth best quarterback in a division where Kirk Cousins doing Kirk Cousins things isn’t a good thing, and where Matthew Stafford profiles to be a new era version of Jay Cutler, then I’ve got nothing for ya. Go for the crown, Mitchell!
- Coffee, patio furniture, and cast iron cookware are among your Deals of the Day at Amazon today.