This is a mood:
— Luis M. Runs This Coby White Stan Account (@lcm1986) June 14, 2019
- After the NBA Finals ended last night, ESPN’s Adam Schefter tweeted: “Next up: 🏈” because of course he did.
- Maybe it’s just me, but I feel as if football season never ended for us. Between the obsessive kicker watch, Vic Fangio’s departure, NFL Scouting Combine, free agency, deep dives into draft prospects because the Bears didn’t have picks in the first two rounds, the actual draft, obsessive kicker watch, schedule release, rookie minicamps, OTAs, mandatory minicamps, obsessive kicker watch, etc., something has kept us occupied on the football side of things. Funny how that works.
- Next stop, Bourbonnais:
- I am absolutely enamored with this image of Akiem Hicks:
Akiem Hicks is motivated.
Kyle Long is healthy.
The kicker search continues.
— Chicago Sports (@ChicagoSports) June 14, 2019
- Minicamps are done and the Bears won’t take the field for another five weeks or so. At least they ended on the high note with the kickers making clutch field goals to avoid a dreaded running exercise. Way to pick up your teammates when they were all counting on you!
- The Bears’ training camp schedule hasn’t been released just yet, but you can expect a mid-to-late July opening date for the reigning NFC North champs. Matt Nagy’s bunch won’t get the benefit of extra practices like last year when the team kicked things off early because of their appearance in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game, so I’m curious to see how it all shakes out this summer. I believe those extra practices helped build camaraderie and took a bite out of what could have been a tougher learning curve. So they should be ready to go moving forward, right? Well, that’s certainly the hope.
- My level of here-ness for this hype: EXTREMELY…
- This is a good message:
Get better: ✔
Have fun: ✔
Coach Nagy wraps up and reflects on minicamp. pic.twitter.com/y1d2Piw4o0
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) June 13, 2019
- This is the right message to send once training camp starts:
Matt Nagy said of his Bears: "We're 0-0. I know there's buzz right now around who we are, and I get it. But we haven't done anything. This is a new year."
— Chris Emma (@CEmma670) June 12, 2019
- BOOM! It’s officially official: The Bears have reportedly signed third-round running back David Montgomery. That leaves cornerback Duke Shelley as the only Chicago draft pick who hasn’t signed their rookie deal. Patience, my friends. It will happen.
- Chicago’s head coach is lovin’ on his new running back. “He’s quiet. But he’s so driven, and you can just see how competitive he is and he wants to be perfect on every single play,” Nagy said, via the Bears’ official website. “He’s going to practice the way he plays and he’s making plays.” Giggity!
- Chasing great:
Mitch said Jim McMahon told him: "Play the quarterback position with a certain toughness … when you play tough and give it your all, Chicago will love you back." https://t.co/Z5s4HlRuqA
— Teddy Greenstein (@TeddyGreenstein) June 14, 2019
- You’ve gotta be bleepin’ me:
Come on, man. Not even Kirk Cousins’ momma would have him at No. 15! pic.twitter.com/OV31pdrfUu
— Bleacher Nation Bears (@BN_Bears) June 13, 2019
- There are at least six quarterbacks I would choose before putting Kirk Cousins at No. 15, including three who guided their respective teams to playoff berths last season.
- If it was up to me, the Bears would wear throwbacks more often than just a handful of times this season. Frankly, it’s disappointing that the opportunities to wear them are limited. The players seem to love the look, but the Chicago Tribune notes reviews across the board are pretty mixed.
- I love this:
Akiem Hicks on Dan Hampton’s challenge to him to be great: “That puts a weight on your shoulders, and I love to lift.”
— JJ Stankevitz (@JJStankevitz) June 13, 2019
- No surprise here:
— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) June 13, 2019
- Belts, protein powder, and tankless water heaters – stuff for dudes, apparently, are the Deals of the Day at Amazon today.