Happy Father’s Day to those of you out in the land of Bears fans who are dads. Here’s hoping you’re having a wonderful day!
- Of course there were highlights from Eddie Jackson’s charity softball event from Saturday:
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) June 16, 2019
Great work by @BoJack39 has he led teammates like @FiftyDeuce, @JHorsted, @JBullard90 & others in his Charity Football Event!
Special thanks to @RyanBadgley40, @GBraggsJr, @The_Ball_Girl & @TheCutAgency pic.twitter.com/pQDjO6k1UP
— Bears Barroom (@BearsBarroom) June 16, 2019
- We have seen Khalil Mack hoop it up and throw cheddar from the mound, but I’m not sure any of us knew Khalil Mack had top-notch photography skills:
— Terence M. Young (@Terence_M_Young) June 15, 2019
- It’s always good to have a side-hustle these days, so kudos to Mack for being able to do it all!
- The Bears’ other starting safety was busy giving back to his community, too. Chris Hays (Orlando Sentinel) caught up with Ha Ha Clinton-Dix during his HERO Foundation Football Camp, where Eddie Jackson’s tag team partner shared some wise words with the youths attending camp. “What are you doing when no one is looking at you, when no one is watching?” Clinton-Dix asked. “It’s called having integrity … and doing the right thing.” BOOM! Those are words of wisdom we could all adhere to now and as we move forward.
- As for his thoughts on his return to the NFC North, Clinton-Dix is still digging it. “Man, it feels good,” Clinton-Dix said. “I’m glad to be a part of something special going on in Chicago right now. We have a chance to be special and I’m glad to be a part of this unit.” Not only does Clinton-Dix get to re-unite with his former Alabama Crimson Tide teammate, but he also joins a top-flight defense where his coverage skills will be much appreciated. It’s only a one-year deal for Clinton-Dix, but he’ll be out to prove he was worthy of much more.
- If anyone knows what a tip-top pass-rush tandem looks like, it’s Bears offensive lineman Kyle Long. After all, look at the guys he has to go up against in practice every day:
Akiem Hicks, Leonard Floyd, Khalil Mack, Eddie Goldman… https://t.co/gmQ8ggS62q
— Kyle Long (@Ky1eLong) June 15, 2019
- So when the NFL’s official Twitter page shared Bucky Brooks’ list of top-5 pass-rushing tandems, it wasn’t supposed to be a matter of which Bears tandem made the cut, but instead where they ranked. But much to the surprise of Long and Bears fans everywhere, the Bears weren’t represented among the best of the best.
- Von Miller-Bradley Chubb? Yeah, those two are top dogs for sure. And I won’t dare make the argument against the tandems of J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney or Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram. Heck, I won’t even beef with the inclusion of Aaron Donald and Dante Fowler because Donald is that damn good. But Dee Ford and DeForest Buckner haven’t even played a down together. So how can they surpass Khalil Mack and whichever Bears pass-rushing partner of your choosing? Mack and Hicks combined for 20 sacks and 34 quarterback hits last season, so there is no excuse to not have them in the top-5.
- There is no doubt in my mind that the 2018 Bears thrived on the press clippings they saved from those who doubted them. Hey, there’s nothing wrong with that! Everyone needs to get motivating factors from somewhere, and it just happened that doubt from outsiders was one factor that helped fuel Chicago’s football team to a 12-win season. There won’t be as many of those this time around, but I expect this piece of snubbery to be some sort of rallying cry for the Bears’ collection of pass-rushers to start the season.
- On the other side of the ball, it’s about to be “bombs away” for Taylor Gabriel and friends:
2nd year in offense bombs away finally someone who’s smart https://t.co/EmYob3omMa
— Taylor Gabriel (@TGdadon1) June 15, 2019
- Mitch Trubisky was lovin’ on some Taylor Gabriel last season. Trubisky completed 73.1 percent of his passes and posted a 94.1 passer rating when targeting Gabriel in 2018. Some of that magic was due to Trubisky connecting with Gabriel on quick hitters, but there were also some eye-catching deep balls that found the mark. Gabriel’s versatility make him an underrated threat in an offense with a growing number of weapons.
- Also it’s no surprise to see Taylor Gabriel coaching up youngsters:
— Bobby Belt (@BobbyBeltTX) June 15, 2019
- You can tell by Gabriel’s route-running and ability to make space for his quarterback to get him the ball that he has an innate understanding of how to get stuff done, so it’s good to see him pass that along to others.
- Don’t say we didn’t warn ya, but the Bears’ offense is about to explode.
- What an honor:
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) June 15, 2019
- Big, landscape-shifting news from the basketball world:
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) June 15, 2019
- It’s never too late for a Father’s Day gift, but don’t forget to pick up something for yourself:
Yes! Both shirts are good! Obligatory plug for our friends at @obvious_shirts this Father's Day – tell him he's got a surprise coming in the mail, and it'll make him chuckle: https://t.co/X9HB2QoBE8 https://t.co/1gmuXVN9IV
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) June 16, 2019