Be careful with fireworks. Eat well. Drink responsibly. Be kind to others. Celebrate the freedoms this country allows for us to their fullest extent.
- It’s a shame Matt Nagy is going to be busy starting in later July, because an arm like his could be a difference-maker down the stretch:
My head coach can throw it harder than your head coach.
— Bleacher Nation Bears (@BN_Bears) July 4, 2019
- My goodness! If you blinked, you missed it. The Chicago Bears head coach has a rocket for an arm. And it’s not that we didn’t already know Nagy could sling it. Remember when he was dropping dimes during a training camp practice last summer? I’m not sure if it’s even legal for the head coach to be the team’s emergency quarterback, but it might be worth looking into (just in case it comes down to it).
- Throwing heat is one thing. Bringing it on the football field is another. Over at The Chicago Audible, Nicholas Moreano highlights Nagy’s creativity and how it gives the Bears’ offense tons of options. The more things the offense throws on tape, the more opposing defenses need to prepare for when taking on the Bears. Keeping defenses on their heels is one way to make Mitch Trubisky’s job easier in 2019.
- I can’t wait to see how good Chicago’s offense looks while wearing these helmets:
- Bringing back the old-school navy helmets with the white “C” is a fresh look, but why not give the people what they want? It’s time to break out the white-on-white road unit for once in 2019. Come on! Don’t make us break out the puppy eyes.
- LOOK HOW GOOD THESE LOOK:
- To be fair, I guess everything looks good when it’s tackling a Green Bay ball carrier.
- As for the uniforms the Bears are scheduled to wear this season, here ya go:
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) July 3, 2019
- Akiem Hicks playing a lip-reading game across the pond is a treat:
- I love seeing Anthony Miller on a list with a playmaker like Tyreek Hill:
Triple-threat wide receivers from the 2018 NFL season!
PFF's NFL Editor @PFF_Chichester looks at the WRs who earned above-average marks in separation percentage, contested-catch percentage and yards after the catch per reception: https://t.co/A04aEBNI0S pic.twitter.com/0FmfYWRLAD
— PFF (@PFF) July 4, 2019
- Tarik Cohen is a unicorn:
in 2018, the difference between Cohen's 3.34 seconds behind the LOS and the next highest (3.02) was the same as the difference between 2nd and 44th out of 55 runners with 85+ carries. He truly is unique in the NFL right now.
— Johnathan Wood (@Johnathan_Wood1) July 3, 2019
- Offenses are always going to be more creative when you can throw Tarik Cohen on the field at any number of positions. As was the case the last two summers, Cohen is going to be someone everyone is keeping an eye on at training camp when things open up.
- The Bears could always use some more defensive line depth:
Did some drills with my dad this morning. Dude can still play smh. Club – rip to spin combo? What is this 1986
— Kyle Long (@Ky1eLong) July 2, 2019
- A giveaway and a charitable cause:
- Backpacks, air mattresses, clothes and more are your Deals of the Day at Amazon today.
- You’re gonna want to look good when #ClubDub opens up starting on September 5:
— OBVIOUS SHIRTS® (@obvious_shirts) July 3, 2019
- Doubling down on dumb baseball is certainly a choice:
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) July 4, 2019
- Get well soon, guy:
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) July 3, 2019