Just when I thought I had a good thing going, my bedroom needs another re-design because I don’t think it’s getting the necessary air circulation to keep me cool and comfortable at night in the summer. Maybe knocking out some Bullets will make me feel better about having to cross that bridge later today..
- My coach throws harder than your coach … and probably your quarterback, too:
- Since the 1990’s Cowboys made the concept of star triplets a thing in football, every team has tried to go out there and replicate it. Of course, having an ace quarterback, workhorse running back, and catch-it-all receiver is easier said than done. Ali Bhanpuri (NFL.com) ranks the 32 sets of triplets in the NFL, and the Bears have some work to do. Chicago’s triplets rank 23rd, though Bhanpuri believes the ranking doesn’t match the talent level. Because while Mitch Trubisky and David Montgomery aren’t superstars, both have untapped upside. And if Allen Robinson can channel his 2015 season in Jacksonville, we’ll look back at a 23rd ranking and laugh.
- Sure, 23rd isn’t pretty. But it’s not dead last. There are years in which Bhanpuri could have done this exercise and put Chicago at No. 32 and not have to worry about eating crow at the end of the year. That he even put the caveat that there was upside to be had is a sign that football’s thinkers know the Bears’ offense could be something special.
- STOP. Where is Tarik Cohen on the triplets list?
Tarik Cohen was highly efficient in putting up fantasy points in 2018! pic.twitter.com/CrWc8D92XF
— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) July 10, 2019
- Say what you want about Trubisky, but you can’t deny this or take it away from him:
You could argue Trubisky played some of his best ball in 3 of the most pivotal games.
Packers: Clinches NFC North
Vikings: Knocks them out of the playoffs
Eagles: Balls out late, leads team back twice
Did those eclipse TB or Detroit? Nah. But 10 still nutted up in big moments
— Joe Tidei (@JoeyProspects) July 11, 2019
- This is a neat comparison of up-and-coming young quarterbacks:
Mitch Trubisky and Jared Goff are a very interesting contrast in clutchness.
Trubisky's passer rating was 17th among starting QBs (95.4), while Goff's was 8th (101.1).
In just the last 7 mins of Q4 or OT, however, Goff plummeted to 30th (76.8), while Mitch was 5th (115.4).
— Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) July 10, 2019
- Thinking of how well Trubisky played down the stretch reminds me of another reason why I was miffed about the shortened postseason stay. Trubisky appeared to have turned a corner with his decision-making and production. Because while he wasn’t putting up bonkers numbers, he was making winning plays in the guts of the game. That he was able to do those things in the fourth quarter of his first ever playoff game is enough to have me dreaming about special things that could be coming in the pipeline.
- The NFC North quarterback club is brimming with talent:
— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) July 9, 2019
- I would have swapped out the (🤮) for the (🤑), but that’s just me:
Updated NFL MVP odds:
🏈 Mahomes 4-1
🏈 Rodgers 8-1
🏈 Luck 10-1
🏈 Wilson 14-1
🏈 Wentz, Brees 12-1
🏈 Brady, Rivers 16-1
🏈 Mayfield 18-1
🏈 Roethlisberger, Ryan 25-1
🏈 Watson 30-1
🏈 Trubisky (🤮), Goff, Carr 40-1
🏈 Garoppolo 50-1
🏈 Zeke, Cousins, Saquon, Newton 60-1
— Eli Hershkovich (@EliHershkovich) July 10, 2019
- Watch Walter run:
Jim Brown: "Oh my goodness, what kind of animal is this??"
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) July 11, 2019
- I’ll admit to having my biases, but July birthdays are the best. Enjoy yours, No. 65:
- The ESPYs always brings a story to light that gets you right in the feels. This year was no different. Rob Mendez is an inspiration:
If you saw the Jimmy V Award presentation on the #ESPYs (and even if you missed it) you have to read this story from my man @espnWD: Who says Rob Mendez can't be a head football coach? https://t.co/Baoubeiewu
— Ryan McGee (@ESPNMcGee) July 11, 2019
- Oh, really? That would be neat:
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) July 10, 2019
This is who Joe Maddon has to send when he wants to take Jon Lester out of a game early … pic.twitter.com/pVWOLAxmOa
— Baseball is Fun (@flippingbats) July 10, 2019
- Every championship-caliber team needs a calming veteran presence:
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) July 10, 2019
- There are deals to be had out there for Bears fans shopping for gear:
— Bleacher Nation Bears (@BN_Bears) July 11, 2019
- Hoverboards and clothes aplenty are among your deals today at Amazon.