Once in a while, I struggle to fill in this spot of the Bullets. There’s a bit of pressure to put something engaging and intriguing here, so it’s mildly annoying when you can’t — especially when you like the content that follows. I’ll do better tomorrow.
- There are 50 days until Bears kick off their 100th season with a Thursday night showdown against the Packers. And here I am wondering why Chuck Harris gets to wear the prestigious No. 50 once worn by this guy:
- Don’t get me wrong, I’m rooting for Chuck Harris to make all of the tackles, come up with all of the interceptions, and make all the plays this summer. But giving an undrafted rookie the number of a Hall of Fame linebacker is a pretty big deal. I get that the Bears have so many retired numbers that they have no choice but to give out numbers that would otherwise be out of the rotation, but come on. Something has to give, folks.
- Moving on from one great defender to a unit of stud defensive players, Pro Football Focus showers the Bears with a ton of praise:
— PFF CHI Bears (@PFF_Bears) July 16, 2019
- Michael Renner runs through and ranks each of the NFL’s 32 run defenses, placing the Bears as his top bunch. Akiem Hicks was the main man up front on a line that Renner points out has several “elite” run-stuffing defenders. Hicks earned a 13.3 run-stop percentage that ranked as the second best among interior defenders in the NFL last season. The Hicks signing (and eventual extension) continue to be great values of the Ryan Pace era.
- Some more love from PFF:
0 negatively graded plays in Week 3 at Arizona last season for Eddie Jackson! pic.twitter.com/wAIwioLrAJ
— PFF (@PFF) July 15, 2019
No quarterback in the NFL made a higher jump in Fantasy Football from 2017 to 2018 than Mitchell Trubisky
— PFF CHI Bears (@PFF_Bears) July 16, 2019
- PUT SOME RESPECT ON HIS NAME:
- Taylor Gabriel is keeping all the receipts:
I benched 225 18 times at pro day lol my speed is still too low pic.twitter.com/Dbrqjz8CzG
— Taylor Gabriel (@TGdadon1) July 16, 2019
- I’m open to all sorts of kickers getting their shot with the Bears this summer, so yours truly definitely appreciates when someone unearths an off-the-radar kicking talent in hopes of being helpful:
hey Chicago #bears @NFLonFOX @ChicagoBears @NBCSBears @BearsOutreach @ESPNNFL @nflnetwork @EAMaddenNFL @JohnClaytonNFL Miguel Recinos today with a 70 yard field goal with ease, call him you have his number sign him pic.twitter.com/Ad2fwvzJNc
— Scott (@iowa612) July 15, 2019
- Perhaps Miguel Recinos is a guy who can be on someone’s radar in the not-too-distant future. The Iowa product was honorable mention All-Big Ten, Academic All-Big Ten in each of his final three seasons with the Hawkeyes, and made all 47 of his PATs. Recinos probably kicked in some less-than-welcoming wether conditions at Iowa, so maybe there’s something there? Add him to our list of guys we’ll keep tabs on throughout the summer.
- Have you checked out our Facebook page lately? Just wondering for no particular reason. Hope to hear from you soon in the comments!
- The voice of Bears football shares some thoughts:
— Jon Zaghloul (@JonZSports) July 16, 2019
- Nothing like needing out on some Bears numbers to help get you geared for the season to come:
- Bring home a win, Coach Nagy:
Reigning NFL Executive of the Year Ryan Pace is on hand watching the Cubs and Reds tonight. Reigning AP Coach of the Year Matt Nagy will throw out the ceremonial first pitch and lead the Seventh-Inning Stretch tomorrow.
— Chris Emma (@CEmma670) July 17, 2019
- Impressive! Most impressive:
- While I understand that the Bears’ search for a new kicker would reach far and wide, I didn’t think The Boss would go this far to help recruit for the cause:
Hey, so all those bear warnings you see when you go to the Smokeys? Legit. pic.twitter.com/lOfyRADfti
— Brett Taylor (@Brett_A_Taylor) July 16, 2019
- *Rage intensifies*
- Nothing like negotiating a CBA over some Chicago style pie:
This session will be a tone-setter. In addition to Roger Goodell and DeMaurice Smith, a number of owners will be on hand as well as most of the NFLPA executive committee, including Richard Sherman, Russell Okung and Adam Vinatieri among others. https://t.co/a5OCdFLT93
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 17, 2019
As the NFL and NFLPA gather in Chicago the next three days for CBA negotiations, here's our primer from a couple of weeks ago on some of the issues to be discussed: https://t.co/DRlmHCzhRY
— Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) July 17, 2019
- Walk-off dingers are fun, but there isn’t a home run ball valuable enough to make me push through some kids to get:
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) July 17, 2019
- Damn, Daniel:
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) July 16, 2019