Things have not gone well for the Cubs when we have done the “Outside the Ivy” show on NBC Sports Chicago. So much so, I made a shrine that will hopefully change the team’s mojo when we do the TV thing. No, seriously:
— Luis M. Runs This Coby White Stan Account (@lcm1986) July 31, 2019
My thought process behind this is simple: It can’t hurt, but it could help. Stranger things have happened.
- Being a member of the exclusive Madden 99 Club has it perks. And for Khalil Mack, it includes some serious cleat heat:
- There isn’t much for me to add other than I would do things to get a 99 rating on Madden in order to get some sweet kicks like that in my life. In all honestly, this is probably going to inspire me to buy some new shoes that I have been waiting to get for a while because I’m impressionable and suddenly feel the need to treat myself.
- I’m compelled to share anytime someone shares a post giving some love while dreaming on Allen Robinson’s upside:
36 yard Allen Robinson touchdown.
— TheBrawlNetwork (@NetworkBrawl) July 31, 2019
- And if Mitch Trubisky does MVP-caliber things … watch out:
Bears QB Mitchell Trubisky has most $$ wagered to win NFL MVP at Caesars and second-most tickets at Westgate (No. 5 in $$ there).
He opened 75-1 at Caesars and is down to 25-1.
I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed bettors. Right, @LRiddickESPN?
— Ben Fawkes (@BFawkesESPN) July 31, 2019
- On The Ringer’s Quarterback Commitment Index, you’ll find Trubisky and Jared Goff listed under “Still Posting Happy Instagrams, but Privately Having Doubts.” I don’t vibe with the Bears having “commitment issues” with Trubisky at this stage of the game. He still has three years left of team control, two of which on his rookie deal. I also don’t understand why some are still beating the drum that Trubisky can’t throw left. At this point, the only thing left for Trubisky to do is to show out and ball hard for narratives to change.
- It might be time to apply a fantasy football name to Tarik Cohen’s position because “running back” just doesn’t cut it:
— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) July 30, 2019
- Let’s not sleep on Anthony Miller’s potential, either. JJ Stankevitz (NBC Chicago) dives into the second-year Bears receiver, who opens up on the challenges he faced as a rookie and how he has put aside past issues to position himself for a possible breakout year. Take some time and clear your schedule to read this one.
- Didn’t happen at a public practice, doesn’t count:
Bears had a 10-10-10 practice today (more of a walkthrough). Eddy Pineiro missed two kicks in his sequence.
— Kevin Fishbain (@kfishbain) July 30, 2019
- On the bright side of the practice ledger, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was removed from the PUP list, was added to the active roster, and returned to practice. Hooray! In his first meeting with the media since the injury, Clinton-Dix explained how the team wanted to be careful and take a slow/steady approach to his return. “We don’t play until September, so we want to just be careful and make sure I was ready to go,” Clinton-Dix said, via the Bears’ official site. “So they gave me a couple more days and I’m just excited to be back out here with those guys.”
- You’re excited. They’re excited. I’m excited. Clinton-Dix was one of my favorite defenders to watch at Alabama and was a nuisance picking off passes while with the Packers. It will be nice to root for the guy now that he is rocking with the navy blue and orange.
- Love to see it:
Now THIS is what it’s all about. pic.twitter.com/CbCPhpQ9rN
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) July 30, 2019
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) July 30, 2019
- More W’s, please:
The support we’ve received at this camp has been unreal. Just wanna say thank you to the fans…best in the league. Let’s go get some more W’s this season. #BearDown
— akiem hicks (@The_Dream99) July 30, 2019
- This sounds like a neat opportunity:
Have you seen Bulls Outsiders or Outside the Ivy? Should we do a football one?
Send us a video answering this question in under 60 seconds: "Is anything less than a Super Bowl berth for the 2019 #Bears a disappointment?"
— NBC Sports Chicago (@NBCSChicago) July 30, 2019
- Gaming gear, fishing gear, and brain gear are among your deals of the day at Amazon today.
- If Khalil Mack isn’t in where he’s supposed to be on this list, we riot:
Who's taking the top spot on the countdown? 🤔
— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) July 31, 2019
- OH NO! Someone kept the receipts:
Gruden on Peterman in 2017:
🗣️ He's the most pro-ready starter, best QB in the class (Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky etc)
49% comp, 5.1 YPA, 2:5 TD:INT, 38 rtg
54% comp, 3.7 YPA, 1:7 TD:INT, 31 rtg
Gruden on Peterman in 2019:
🗣️ He's growing on me
— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) July 31, 2019
- An old friend could be finding a new job because no one wants to play right guard for the Browns:
#Browns RG today is Eric Kush. Somebody take this job
— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) July 31, 2019