Turning the calendar to October has put my mind on Thanksgiving. And while we are just eight days into the month, it is never too early to start planning your biggest cooking day or the year. But also, part of me wants to get through this month to get the sweet post-Halloween candy sales. There is so much to look forward when October ends. We just have to get there first.
- Jon Gruden is an evil genius:
Khalil Mack triple team pic.twitter.com/IydmfS08X2
— Seth Walder (@SethWalder) October 8, 2019
- The Raiders won Sunday’s game against the Bears on two fronts. They won the physical game at the line of scrimmage and won the mental game with how they approached blocking the heck out of Khalil Mack. A triple-team out of the gate on a designed roll-out to the other side of the field was an early message from Gruden to Mack that he was not going to allow him to wreck his team. It would have been nice had the other Bears defenders shown up to pick up the slack. Let’s face it, the Raiders’ double and triple team efforts would not have lasted long if others were taking advantage of single coverage.
- Tyler Bray is getting some love:
Is it Tyler Bray time? @alexbrown96 says NOT SO FAST!
— Bears Talk (@NBCSBears) October 6, 2019
- How disappointing has the Bears offense been to this point? There are a healthy amount of fans with internet access and the functionality to vote their preference of having the third-string quarterback (who was just called up from the practice squad on Saturday) lead the charge. I am so glad the Bears have a bye so we can pump the brakes and allow cooler heads to prevail.
- Bears to self-scout during the bye week is the G-rated headline to what I think the team should be doing with its off week. I feel like self-scouting is just the tip of the iceberg here. There needs to be some soul searching for a team that is five games into the season and has an identity crisis of sorts on the offensive side of the ball.
- With 11 games to go in the 2019 season, I don’t feel it necessary to go down the rabbit hole that is the Bears’ cap limitations moving forward. HOWEVER, I do want to point out that the Titans are doing the Bears a solid here:
A veteran minimum contract for K Cody Parkey with the #Titans for the final 12 weeks carries a $568,235 salary & $455,294 cap figure. The #Bears dead cap hit will be reduced by as much salary as Parkey is paid in 2019.
— Spotrac (@spotrac) October 8, 2019
- I hope the Cody Parkey redemption tour goes off without a hitch. Everyone deserves a second chance … right?
- Has anyone ever been less excited for a game-winning Hail Mary touchdown than this announcer?
This has gotta be the LEAST-enthusiastic call of a game-winning hail mary…everpic.twitter.com/71DKFjHFsZ
— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) October 6, 2019
- Where is Bob Menery when you need him?
- Kids toys, books, and air purifiersare among the Deals of the Day at Amazon today.
- Two weeks after getting dunked on by the Bears in front of a nationally televised audience on Monday Night Football, Jay Gruden’s time in Washington came to an end. And they did it in pretty cruel fashion, as the Washington Post reported that management made Gruden arrive at team headquarters at 5 a.m. to get fired. Imagine being forced to wake up early just to get canned. That’s a tough scene.
- Now, meet the new guy:
- It did not take long for this list to come together:
In a recent conversation with someone who knows Dan Snyder well and is aware of his thoughts on potential next #Redskins head coaches that any list of candidates would include: #Steelers HC Mike Tomlin, #Bucs DC Todd Bowles, #Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy.
— Ed Werder (@WerderEdESPN) October 7, 2019
- Another branch off the Andy Reid tree? Eric Bieniemy, come on down!
- I doubt Rams fans are concerned about this:
If you are a Rams fan you have to be worried that McVay might want to go home to DC.
— Russillo (@ryenarussillo) October 7, 2019
- The Bulls are back (kinda) and Coby White has me excited about basketball:
I have a feeling we’ll be seeing a lot more of this 👀
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) October 8, 2019