I took the liberty of transferring all the necessary things from my old phone to my new one without going to the story and having an associate do it at a store because I’m a big boy who can handle things himself. And I’m glad I did it from home, because it took far longer than it should have, which would have driven me nuts had I been anywhere but home.
- It was on this date three years ago when the Chicago Cubs won the World Series. The memories from that day, night, and morning after are still fresh in my head. And yet, as I put together today’s Bullets, I can’t help but wonder when I’ll get to create those memories watching the Bears win the Super Bowl.
- I came “this close” to typing something about how the Bears won’t win a Super Bowl until they get a long-term handle on the quarterback position. And while that could very well be true, I stopped because I remembered that the Ravens won a recent Super Bowl by riding a stellar defense while quarterback Joe Flacco went on the most incredible postseason heater in the history of playoff football. It’s wild to think that 2012 Joe Flacco threw for 1,140 yards and 11 touchdowns while tossing no interceptions and posting a 117.2 passer rating in four playoff games. That comes out to 4,560 passing yards and 44 touchdowns when extrapolated over a 16-game season. AND HE DID THAT AGAINST PLAYOFF TEAMS. The guy who owned an 86.3 passer rating and averaged 243.6 yards per game entering that postseason did that against Super Bowl contenders. It’s remarkable.
- So what I am saying is that if the Bears can sneak their way into the playoffs and Mitch Trubisky can channel his inner Joe Flacco, then anything can happen.
- With the Bears at 3-4 entering this week’s game against the Eagles, Trubisky’s heater will need to start immediately. The Eagles pass defense has allowed two passing touchdowns in 5 of 8 games this season, including three of their last five games. So if there was any time for Trubisky to break out, a game against a whack passing defense would make a lot of sense.
- NFC North quarterbacks Matthew Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, and Kirk Cousins combined to throw for 956 yards, 7 touchdowns, and just two interceptions. Based on Trubisky’s play to this point, it would be unfair (and downright foolish) to expect Trubisky to follow in the footsteps laid out by his fellow signal callers in the division. And if you’re holding out hope Trubisky can right the ship against an awful pass defense, don’t look at PFF’s data. Pro Football Focus notes that Trubisky ranks deadline last among qualifying quarterbacks in passing grade on throws that travel 10+ yards in the air. Yuck.
- I have some free time on Saturday, so I’ll be keeping tabs on Georgia’s Jake Fromm when he plays Florida in a game that was long known as “The World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party” and will air at 2:30 p.m. CT on CBS, Oregon’s Justin Herbert when his team travels to play USC on FOX at 7 p.m. CT, and Utah State’s Jordan Love as his team plays BYU on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. CT. Anything to bridge the game until noon when the Bears play the Eagles.
- In case you were wondering why it was important to carry a second quality quarterback on your roster, ESPN’s Field Yates tweets that 14 teams have started multiple QBs this season. That’s nearly half the league.
- Art is wonderful:
- An injury update from the Eagles:
DeSean Jackson, Tim Jernigan and Andrew Sendejo are questionable vs. Bears.
Darren Sproles, Avonte Maddox and Miles Sanders are playing.
— Zach Berman (@ZBerm) November 1, 2019
- Khalil Mack breaks it down to its simplest form:
Khalil Mack: "It's real simple, man. When you think about the game of football, you only have fun when you're winning. That's the whole point. We want to get back to having fun, and that starts with making plays and getting stops early and getting turnovers defensively."
— Kevin Fishbain (@kfishbain) November 1, 2019
- This is hilarious in so many ways. Also, naturally, the Sweetness dive is the only play in the clip more worthy of a medal than a flag:
- Amazon has kicked off their HoliDeals time period, so I expect tons of deals now through Christmas. There are deals in every category, plus the Deals of the Day (lots of fancy clothes). #ad
- The Bulls won a basketball game!
Bulls Snap a Losing Streak with Home Victory Over the Pistons (112-106)https://t.co/uT3shEQBaq
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) November 2, 2019