This game-winning shot has been making its rounds among my friends in Southern Illinois, so I had to share it:
Giving props to my boys, Ian Klingler and @tthomas6474 with the call on this CRAZY buzzer beater for the Harrisburg Bulldogs! Gotta love postseason basketball!@benbrombaugh17 @deuceandabuse @hbg3schools @slowen14 @areasports @my15news pic.twitter.com/20zwTetqdF
— Cole Carter Broadcasting (@ccbroadcasting0) February 26, 2020
I lost count of how many times I said “wow” after that shot banked in. Wow.
- Yesterday sure was a doozy. Bears GM Ryan Pace remained “committed” to Mitch Trubisky, doing so in the least committal way and declining to address picking up the fifth-year option on Trubisky’s rookie deal. But I guess it’s not too early to talk contract extension for Allen Robinson, which Pace confirmed was something that has taken place. Robinson’s contract doesn’t expire until after the 2020 season.
- The Bears met with a top-50 prospect who happens to play quarterback. Because, even if you are truly committed to Trubisky, he’s still entering the final year of his rookie deal while two spots on the depth chart remain open behind him. Changes behind Trubisky could ultimately spark a change at the top if QB1 doesn’t get his ducks in a row.
- There was some encouraging news to report from the injury front and the projected returns for Trubisky, Roquan Smith, Anthony Miller, and Trey Burton. All four are expected to be a “full go” when training camp opens in July. We’ll monitor the recovery process for each player as much as we can, because having a full deck of cards to start the summer could go a long way toward a 2020 rebound for a Bears team that finished 8-8 last year.
- I’d make jokes about having joint practices in Denver if I hadn’t already made them when the Bears and Broncos first did the thing back in 2018. As far as I’m concerned, practicing against a Vic Fangio coached team could toughen up the Bears. Meanwhile, perhaps Fangio will use the time to pick Matt Nagy’s brain regarding Andy Reid’s offense and what makes Patrick Mahomes tick. Can’t hurt. Could help!
- Scouting Combine Update:
- Some love for tight end prospect Adam Trautman (who met with the Bears at the Senior Bowl):
Adam Trautman has a little George Kittle to his game (violent route runner, great blocker) that I think teams are gonna love
— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) February 25, 2020
Adam Trautman: “I’d rather dominate the line of scrimmage and move people off the ball than score touchdowns.”
Of course, Trautman did score 14 touchdowns last season at Dayton. pic.twitter.com/XjQVgcqGEI
— Chris Emma (@CEmma670) February 25, 2020
For anyone asking if Adam Trautman would be a reach in R2, the answer is no. He’s TE1.
— Nick Farabaugh (@FarabaughFB) February 24, 2020
Adam Trautman: “Biggest thing I would bring to an NFL team is a relentless style of play. Been told my whole life I couldn’t play at this level. Gives me an edge”
— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) February 25, 2020
NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah on Dayton TE Adam Trautman today: "This kid, he's going to just continue to get better and better. And the crazy thing is he's really polished. He knows how to set up defenders. He can separate. He's got wiggle. He wins a lot of 50/50 balls … pic.twitter.com/exn2JwyZPl
— Craig Haley (@CraigHaley) February 21, 2020
- Another meeting for Brycen Hopkins and the Bears:
— Zack Pearson (@Zack_Pearson) February 25, 2020
- Reminder: They also met at the Senior Bowl.
- If a free agent option is more your speed, the Falcons are allowing Austin Hooper to test the free agent market. Sup Bears? You interested?
- I’m quite interested in LSU’s Damien Lewis as a possible second-round pick who could solidify the interior of the offensive line:
LSU’s Damien Lewis mentioned his nastiness a handful of times in his interview, really does see it as a big strength.
He says the game is personal, need to really beat the guy in front of you. pic.twitter.com/peoahIhgox
— Austin Gayle (@PFF_AustinGayle) February 26, 2020
- The son of Andy Heck (who started 62 games at left tackle for the Bears from 1995-98) confirms he met with the Bears:
— Nicholas Moreano (@NicholasMoreano) February 26, 2020
- Talk to the hand when you’re talking about Jake Fromm’s hands:
Jake Fromm: “1/8 of a inch away from being the desired 9 inches. No big deal. They're the same hands that went to 3 SEC championships, a Rose Bowl, a National Championship, & some Sugar Bowls.
I think I’ve played plenty of football & have done well so far.” #Bears #NFLCombine
— Arthur Arkush (@ArthurArkush) February 25, 2020
- Clear some time to give this a listen:
- Justin Jefferson gets bonus points on whatever pre-draft grade he gets for doing this:
— NFL Draft (@NFLDraft) February 25, 2020
- Save the date:
- MacBooks and humidifiers are among the Deals of the Day at Amazon today. #ad
- Coby White’s recent February flurry of scoring continued on Tuesday:
Coby's February. pic.twitter.com/lwCbcJzZgK
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) February 26, 2020