I really hope my television partners, Michael and Danny, are willing to teach a noob how to do a Tik Tok. Otherwise, I’m at the mercy of the public. *GULP*
- The Bears’ miraculous, come-from-behind win against the Cardinals on Monday Night Football on October 16, 2006 might be Jeff Joniak’s magnum opus:
- Joniak has been behind the mic for the Bears since 2001, and he has certainly seen some excellent games. But I’m not sure anything beats what you hear above. You can tell the tide was turning in the Bears’ favor with each significant call of each significant moment. It’s the sign of a good broadcast day when you can give off the vibe of the game effortlessly. That one was certainly a classic.
- In more throwback news, take a trip in the way-back machine to a time when the Bears were truly committed to running the football:
Got goosebumps while watching this clip. TJ running the rock. We’re blocking our asses off. Run #3 I block the LB then come back down hill and crack the Safety taking out two on the same play. The last play is one of my most memorable plays when T Jones reversed field for the TD. https://t.co/atmUU8wTXS
— Desmond Clark (@dezclark88) April 14, 2020
- I don’t think anyone loves the deep ball more than I do, but there is something satisfying about being able to line up man-against-man and run the ball down another team’s throat. It’s not even an old-school vs. new school thing for me. Instead, it’s more of a “my guys are better than your guys and you can’t do anything about it” thing. In the end, I could re-watch Thomas Jones stuff it in the Saints’ face all day if I had to do so.
- Self-critiques and a willingness to admit your shortcomings is one way to always be striving toward greatness. Allen Robinson gets it:
— JennaLaineESPN (@JennaLaineESPN) April 14, 2020
- I’m still waiting for that Allen Robinson contract extension that he so richly deserves.
- It would be nice to team Robinson and Anthony Miller with another play-making target for the winner of the Mitch Trubisky-Nick Foles QB battle to throw to this season. Anyone interested in KJ Hamler? We discussed the Penn State product as a potential target yesterday.
- Everyone has their own way of getting through these weird times, though simultaneously do an interview while playing Call of Duty isn’t something I expected:
Tarik Cohen can play "Call of Duty" and talk to @ChiTribKane at the same time: How Chicago athletes are staying in the game amid coronavirus quarantine and a pro sports shutdown https://t.co/65itJ49vc3
— Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) April 14, 2020
- Then again, I should know by now to expect the unexpected with Tarik Cohen.
- This is an interesting perspective:
Few bigger non-stories than teams being "in contact" with prospective draft picks. Every year, you talk with draft picks and it's split between those who never were in contact with #Raiders (Khalil Mack for example) and were drafted, and those who were in contact and got drafted.
— Jerry McDonald (@Jerrymcd) April 14, 2020
- So being “in contact” could mean nothing … or everything. Got it.
- I’ll be looking forward to this:
#Bears GM Ryan Pace will hold a conference call next Tuesday ahead of the 2020 NFL draft.
— Zack Pearson (@Zack_Pearson) April 14, 2020
- You can do whatever you want when you’re the Punky QB:
I want to explain these pictures that have been shared lately from my trip to the White House when I was with the @packers and I wore my @chicagobears jersey. In 86 our trip was cancelled due to the space shuttle Challenger disaster. I cleared it with my teammates at the time. pic.twitter.com/dmgim30S7X
— Jim McMahon (@JimMcMahon) April 14, 2020
- Is new lead Bulls executive Arturas Karnisovas going to have a real-life “what do you say you do here?” moment with Jim Boylen?
Karnisovas: “No Decision” on Boylen Made Yet, but Evaluation Cominghttps://t.co/0OAof4Dpg0
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) April 14, 2020
- Good luck to all parties involved in this process:
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) April 15, 2020
- Good on you, new guy:
Former #Eagles QB Nick Foles announced on social media that his foundation will donate grants to nine food bank organizations, including Philabundance and Food Bank of South Jersey. pic.twitter.com/cArca3WXfa
— Mike Kaye (@mike_e_kaye) April 15, 2020
- If there is one thing I love about the internet, it’s that I can learn something new every day:
Hey, Yeah … Why Do All Ballparks Look Totally Different?https://t.co/xjfoOzLdFj
— Baseball is Fun (@flippingbats) April 13, 2020
- Poked around Amazon for interesting things to spotlight, and landed on a page of gift ideas about cooking and entertaining for men. #ad