Bears quarterback Nick Foles got in a pretty heated exchange with his coach during the Bears’ Week 5 win against the Buccaneers.
After the game, star receiver Allen Robinson promised to be better, “no 🧢.”
A day later, Head Coach Matt Nagy showed he was big mad about the team not being as detail-oriented as he’d like for them to be.
It’s almost as if the Bears know they can be better, especially on offense.
Don’t get it twisted. A 4-1 start is good. In fact, it’s a better five-game showing than what the 12-win team did in 2018. That Chicago’s most recent win came against a bonafide Super Bowl contender makes things feel that much better. But reading the room, the Bears aren’t using a good record through five games as a cover. And that’s a positive development.
Good is good. But good isn’t enough when better is expected.
We’re onto Carolina:
Chicago Bears (4-1) at Carolina Panthers (3-2), noon CT on FOX-TV (Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake), WBBM-AM 780 and WCFS-FM 105.9 (Jeff Joniak, Tom Thayer, Mark Grote)
Odds: Bears (+1, -110), Over/Under 44.5, via the DraftKings Sportsbook.
Week 6 Game Thread (Preview)
Your game thread is down in the comments, so let’s have some good, clean (safe-for-work) fun. Let’s get the Bear a second consecutive win.
Matt Nagy (24-13) vs. Matt Rhule (3-2)
Bears: Nick Foles
Last week vs. Buccaneers: 30/42 (71.4%), 1 TD, 1 INT, 83.7 rating
Panthers: Teddy Bridgewater
Last week at Falcons: 27/36 (75.0%), 313 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 119.3
Bears Expected Starters
• QB Nick Foles
• RB David Montgomery
• WR Allen Robinson II
• TEs Jimmy Graham, Demetrius Harris, Cole Kmet
• LT Charles Leno Jr., LG Alex Bars (Rashad Coward?), C Cody Whitehair, RG Germain Ifedi, RT Bobby Massie
• DT Akiem Hicks, NT Bilal Nichols, DE Roy Robertson-Harris
• OLBs Khalil Mack, Robert Quinn
• ILBs Roquan Smith, Danny Trevathan
• CBs Kyle Fuller, Jaylon Johnson
• FS Eddie Jackson
• SS Tashaun Gipson Sr.
• Cairo Santos (kicker), Pat O’Donnell (punter, holder), Patrick Sales (long snapper), Cordarrelle Patterson (kick returns), Ted Ginn Jr. (punt returns)
Panthers Expected Starters:
• QB Teddy Bridgewater
• RB Mike Davis
• FB Alex Armah
• WRs DJ Moore, Robby Anderson
• TE Ian Thomas
• LT Russell Okung, LG Chris Reed, C Matt Paradis, RG John Miller, RT Taylor Moton
• LDE Brian Burns, LDT Zach Kerr, RDT Derrick Brown, RDE Stephen Weatherly
• WLB, Shaq Thompson, MLB Tahir Whitehead, SLB Jeremy Chinn
• CBs Donte Jackson, Rasul Douglas
• Ss Tre Boston, Juston Burris
• Joey Slye (kicker), Joseph Charlton (punter, holder), JJ Jansen (long snapper), Pharaoh Cooper (kick and punt returns)
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) October 18, 2020
Carolina Panthers Inactives vs. Bears
7 QB Will Grier
10 WR Curtis Samuel
20 CB Eli Apple
65 G Dennis Daley
78 DT Woodrow Hamilton
P.J. Walker will backup Teddy Bridgewater. Keith Kirkwood was added to the Panthers active roster earlier this week
— Antwan V. Staley (@antwanstaley) October 18, 2020