My friend Lauren gave me the recipe for these cookies and they turned out as expected:
— Hall of Famer Baseball Person™️ Luis (@lcm1986) November 21, 2020
If anyone needs me, I’ll be snacking.
Man, we were ready to play.
— Trevor Lawrence (@Trevorlawrencee) November 21, 2020
SOURCES: A Clemson back-up offensive lineman tested positive for COVID-19 from a test taken Friday. They received the results after Clemson landed in Tallahassee. The player traveled with the team. FSU officials weren’t comfortable playing because of potential spread.
— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) November 21, 2020
• I could joke about Florida State being more afraid of the spread (35.5 points at one point this week) than the spread (of COVID-19), but if a Clemson player who traveled with the team tested positive for COVID-19, then it’s understandable as to why Florida State wasn’t comfortable playing. Is there even enough time to do contact tracing and clear the necessary protocols to play this game while ensuring the health of student athletes? Don’t get me wrong. I want to see Trevor Lawrence’s return as much as the next guy. But if we’re not doing right by the health of the student-athletes involved, then what are we doing?
• Elsewhere in the world of college football, here’s the worst OPI call you’ll ever see. And it’s literally a game-changer:
Purdue just got jobbed by the most phantom offensive PI call in the history of football. pic.twitter.com/6JDWM879h6
— Jake Query (@jakequery) November 21, 2020
• If you’re a Bears fan on prospect watch, then you’re probably taking note of Purdue receiver Rondale Moore’s 15-catch, 116-yard game against Minnesota. Moore is WR5 and the 23rd overall player in Mel Kiper Jr.’s Nov. 11 rankings. That puts Moore squarely in the Bears’ wheelhouse based on where they project to be picking. And considering the team’s future needs at the position, Moore’s name is one to keep in mind when discussing next year’s draft.
• I miss Tarik Cohen:
"Whatever you wanna do, running back, linebacker… lawyer – he's gonna be a beast at whatever he wants to do."@TarikCohen's breakin' down film with youth football star Jayden Ervin one-on-one.
🎥: @nflnetwork | #NFLWayToPlay pic.twitter.com/ME3wgzCh2d
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) November 20, 2020
• Here’s a concerning stat we won’t have to worry about for another eight days:
The Bears are 19-4 in the Matt Nagy era in games in which the offense has scored a touchdown before halftime.
NINETEEN and FOUR.
— Dan Wiederer (@danwiederer) November 19, 2020
• It’s alarming that Matt Nagy’s offense hasn’t scored offensive touchdowns in the first half of approximately 45 percent of their games. That’s problematic on so many levels. The 19-4 record when scoring a touchdown in the first half is good. It’s the whole not scoring thing in all those other games that’s concerning as heck.
• Watch Cole Kmet surprise his favorite teacher, because it’s the palate cleanser you need after thinking about the Bears’ offense:
• Love seeing teams recognize their loyal fans:
After 43 years of working at a hospital in New Lenox, on the day of his retirement we surprised a @BearsSTH who's never missed a game or opportunity to tailgate & is as loyal a fan as they come.
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) November 19, 2020
• I’m glad I don’t have to make the call for Fan of the Year. Because if it was up to me, I’d reward all of you. Any Bears fan who sticks with this squad after all they put you through is a real one. There’s no doubt about that!
• Some familiar names on this list:
ILB passer rating allowed, minimum 25 targets…
1. Nick Kwiatkoski, Raiders: 50.9
2. Myles Jack, Jaguars: 63.0
3. Fred Warner, 49ers: 64.4
4. Roquan Smith, Bears: 65.0
— David Lombardi (@LombardiHimself) November 19, 2020
• DeShone Kizer isn’t coming to the Bears:
The #Titans are expected to sign QB DeShone Kizer to their practice squad, per source. He’ll replace Trevor Siemian, who has been poached to another team’s 53-man roster.
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) November 21, 2020
• I love a good poll:
Let’s say the #Bears don’t trade up in the first round. Kyle Trask and Mac Jones are the two best QBs on the board with the top four guys gone.
If you had to choose between them, which QB would you take?
— Jacob Infante (@jacobinfante24) November 21, 2020
• Get well soon, Greg Olsen. Your career is one that deserves a better finish than walking off the field with an injury:
From late last night: #Seahawks TE Greg Olsen suffered a ruptured plantar fascia in his left foot, a non-contact injury that knocks him out indefinitely. While it’s uncertain, the hope is that he can return this season at some point.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 20, 2020
— Greg Olsen (@gregolsen88) November 21, 2020
• Coffee makers, toys, gift cards, NCAA gear, and much more are your early Black Friday deals at Amazon today. #ad
• The Bulls signed someone who’s happy to be here:
Needed a veteran guard, got a veteran guard. It ain't all gonna be sexy. https://t.co/7SD5jUcdGY
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) November 21, 2020
• 🎵 It’s so haaaaaaaard to say goodbyeeeeeeeee to yesterdayyyyyyyyyy 🎵
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) November 20, 2020
— Garrett Temple (@GTemp17) November 21, 2020