Aaron Rodgers, the Dark Lord of the Cheese, seems unhappy. Meanwhile, Justin Fields and his draft classmates provide A New Hope for Bears fans. Happy “May the 4th” to those who observe.
• This will give you chills:
A night @justnfields will never forget… 🐻⬇️
— Ohio State Football (@OhioStateFB) May 3, 2021
• Justin Fields has a nice vibe and aura surrounding him. There is a certain level of confidence he has with how he carries himself. That moment when he says “There’s been too much talking lately” really caught my attention. This sounds like someone who’s ready to get to work. And I can’t wait to see him in action. All of it makes me glad he is a Bear.
• I’ll never be a professional athlete. But as a human, I think I can relate to the feeling that comes with getting a call relaying good news regarding something I’ve been working hard to achieve. And nothing captures the spirit like this behind-the-scenes look at Bears Head Coach Matt Nagy calling Oregon cornerback Thomas Graham Jr. and informing him that he was chosen by the Chicago Bears in the 2021 NFL Draft:
• Two things that stand out to me. First, the undeniable sounds of joy from Graham’s end of the phone. There was a room of happy humans taking it all in as Graham was getting the call to the pros. But not to be lost in an epic moment is the honesty from Graham, relaying his frustration that he waited until the sixth round to be selected in the first place. Graham was a stellar contributor to the Oregon defense for three years. You know you’re doing something right when coaches trust you to start 10+ games as a true freshman. Graham opted out of playing in 2020, which might have sunk his draft stock. But from the sound of things, I’d say it’s likely Graham uses that as a motivating factor moving forward.
• And if one needs any reminder of the ceiling a snubbed cornerback can reach, look no further than Jaylon Johnson.
• The Bears don’t often give behind-the-scenes looks at what happens at Halas Hall, so let’s enjoy these clips featuring Justin Fields, Teven Jenkins, and Matt Nagy:
• [ visible happiness ]:
The smile that says “dreams to reality”.
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) May 4, 2021
• More of this content in the future, please.
• Some more draft love:
— PFF Draft (@PFF_College) May 4, 2021
• Bleacher Report, The Athletic, and CBS Sports have way-too-early mock drafts for 2022. And before you mock them, let the record show that some way-too-early mocks had Justin Fields going to the Bears. The most fearless prediction one could make now is that there will be an early run on quarterbacks in 2022. Bold of me, I know.
• This will get the blood pumping:
I made a Justin Fields hype video! Let me know what you guys think!
(I don’t own any of the footage shown, & they belong to their rightful owners)
— Elite Sports Productions (@EliteSportsPro3) May 4, 2021
• Changes coming to how you watch Thursday Night Football:
The NFL’s Thursday Night Football package will now be streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime starting with the 2022 season. It was previously announced as beginning in the 2023 season.
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) May 3, 2021
• The good news is hat games will still be on over-the-air FOX stations in local markets. In other words, when the Bears play a TNF game, you won’t need to have an Amazon Prime subscription in order to watch. So, you can exhale now.
• I’m very much here for the Bears-Cubs crossover reference:
I have a lifelong friend who should have been a writer. Here's text I got from him about #Bears GM Ryan Pace shortly after draft: "Dude didn't just hit a home run. He whacked a Glenallen Hill cannon shot over Waveland Avenue with the bases loaded and the wind blowing in."
— Larry Mayer (@LarryMayer) May 4, 2021
• The reference:
— Bleacher Nation Cubs (@BleacherNation) May 11, 2020
• Much like any pitch Glenallen Hill was able to get his bat on, the sky is the limit when it comes to Justin Fields’ future.
• Now, that’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time. A long time:
Colts are working out former Bears’ kicker Eddy Pineiro today, per source.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 4, 2021
• Nothing but love for our favorite teachers on this (and every) day:
Happy #TeacherAppreciationDay to all the educators out there! 🧑🏫
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) May 4, 2021
• Naturally, the Amazon Deals of the Day include Star Wars stuff, so make sure to check it out. #ad