I’m having my first iced coffee ever while I write today’s Bullets. What an experience. An absolute game-changer.
• Who needs coffee when there’s fresh Justin Fields footage:
— Zack Pearson (@Zack_Pearson) July 29, 2021
Justin Fields. pic.twitter.com/zPc7tErvNP
— Nicholas Moreano (@NicholasMoreano) July 29, 2021
— Josh Frydman (@Josh_Frydman) July 29, 2021
— Sean Hammond (@sean_hammond) July 29, 2021
• Yep, that’ll make your bull run!
• Let’s not front, friends. Andy Dalton throws a purty deep ball:
• As we wrote back in June, the numbers support Dalton’s ability to go deep. Granted, so much of those numbers were compiled while throwing to the likes of AJ Green over the years. But even when you look at fresher data, Dalton has got it done at a higher level than any Bears QB they’ve been trotting out in recent years. An upgrade is an upgrade. And, as someone who likes to see quarterbacks let it rip, I can’t wait to see more of it. Sure as heck beats check-downs.
• The vibes are strong at Bears camp with fresh faces at the most important position:
The #Bears take the practice field for the first time today with training camp underway, with much excitement surrounding the progress of their QBs…
— StaceyDales (@StaceyDales) July 28, 2021
• I’ll obviously be obsessing about what’s happening at quarterback. But this training camp has so many storylines worth following throughout the summer. For instance, Dan Wiederer (Tribune) writes about the 1-2 punch of Allen Robinson II and Darnell Mooney. Kevin Fishbain (The Athletic) has nuggets about the looming competition among the returners. Patrick Finley (Sun-Times) chimes in with perspective from Khalil Mack, who knows the Bears defense needs to be on its P’s and Q’s. There’s just so much to cram into your eyeballs right now. And to think … this is just the beginning!
• How can you not root for Danny Trevathan?
Gonna make my grandparents proud #10 pic.twitter.com/ev1KPTM2Dw
— Danny Trevathan (@Grindin_59) July 28, 2021
Danny Trevathan's grandma has never seen him play at Solider Field due to her battle with cancer.
— NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) October 20, 2018
• For your listening pleasure:
This week we are looking back at the 2007 NFL Draft for the Bears and some major head-scratching decisions.
— Matt Eurich (@MattEurich) July 27, 2021
-Anthony Miller trade
-Rodgers back in GB
— Bears On Tap (@BearsOnTap) July 29, 2021
• Some love for Anthony Miller:
#Texans WR @brandincooks on new WR @AnthonyMiller_3 – “That boy can play. He’s shifty now. Looking at him out here just the first day, he's built and he can make a guy miss. He can stick his foot in the ground & you love to see it.” @SportsTalk790 pic.twitter.com/4UxIDWD0hN
— Adam Wexler (@AdamJWexler) July 28, 2021
• Admittedly, I was put off by the Bills giving Cole Beasley an open mic. But it is what it is at this point:
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 28, 2021
• In the end, I think we’ll see plenty of this type of sentiment like we’re seeing in Detroit because, at the heart of this whole thing, is people not wanting to let those they are closest with down:
— Freep Sports (@freepsports) July 29, 2021
• Here’s something I thought I’d never type — way to go, Cardinals:
Another one: The #AZCardinals are now among the teams at 90+% vaccinated. In fact , the number of unvaccinated players can be counted on one hand. Excellent progress.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 29, 2021
• Ah, I see the protocols are working:
Tannehill: “I wouldn’t have gotten the vaccine without the protocols they’re forcing on us.”
— Joe Rexrode (@joerexrode) July 28, 2021
or any NCAA conference regarding the Big 12 conference's members, possible conference realignment or potential financial incentive or outcomes related to possible conference realignment." More soon on @YahooSports https://t.co/HHRW1ZXTPm
— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) July 28, 2021
Here is the cease & desist letter the Big 12 sent to ESPN.
Bob Bowlsby alleges ESPN is actively working with and encouraging other conferences to attempt to poach Big 12 members. pic.twitter.com/fb224elCtd
— Max Olson (@max_olson) July 28, 2021
• Brett is gonna have himself a day:
We're up over $11,000 for @MakeAWish @WishIllinois and the #BNBlogathon. And, yes, if we somehow got to $15,000 at some point during the Cubs game today, I will do the nacho helmet thing (you eat it, and then you wear it, cheese drippings and all): https://t.co/AVFin8UZ9B pic.twitter.com/gsmt4EoQxF
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) July 29, 2021
• Bring on the new guys:
Chicago Blackhawks Sign Defenseman Jake McCabe to a Four-Year Deal https://t.co/yqgK2IPmyj
— Bleacher Nation Blackhawks (@BN_Blackhawks) July 28, 2021