Football is back tonight, with a battle of the big cats (even Carole Baskin is excited), as Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow square off for the first time since the 2019 College Football Playoffs Championship. We all remember Burrow slung it all over the field, racking up 463 yards and five passing touchdowns as LSU steamrolled Lawrence and Clemson 42-25. Burrow smoked a cigar in the LSU locker room and became the top pick in the draft in the spring.
Anyway, let’s bring it back to the present, where people are losing their minds about Trevor Lawrence and Urban Meyer being 0-3 on the season. I saw a tweet, and it’s such a stretch I refuse even to go back and look for it and share it here, that said that Lawrence was about to match his total high school losses. Or high school and college losses combined. Whatever, it’s a desperate reach either way. It’s just good to know that football fans outside of Chicago also lose their minds over knee-jerk reactions.
I need this game to be absolute chaos as I have Joe Burrow as my fantasy team’s QB1, and James Robinson starting at RB. If I’m sitting on 50-points when I go to bed tonight, I’ll be highly disappointed.
— Cincinnati Bengals (@Bengals) September 30, 2021
Jacksonville Jaguars (0-3, 4th AFC South) at Cincinnati Bengals (2-1, T-1st AFC North) – NFL Network (Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Erin Andrews, Kristina Pink), Westwood One (Ian Eagle, Tony Boselli)
Kickoff Time: 7:20 p.m. CT
Site: Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati
Referee: Brad Allen
Odds: CIN -7.5 (-320), O/U 46 (via DraftKings Sports Book)
Your game thread is down in the comments, so let’s have some good, clean (safe-for-work) fun!
Jaguars: Urban Meyer (0-3) vs. Bengals: Zac Taylor (8-26-1)
Week 3 Starting QBs and Projected Game Stats
Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence: 23/38, 256 passing yards, 2 TD, 1 INT; 3 carries, 13 rushing yards
Bengals: Joe Burrow: 20/31, 234 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT; 3 carries, 12 rushing yards
Week 4 projected stats via ESPN projections
Jaguars Projected Starters
• QB Trevor Lawrence
• RB James Robinson
• WRs DJ Chark Jr., Laviska Shenault Jr., Marvin Jones Jr.
• TE Chris Manhertz
• LT Cam Robinson, LG Andrew Norwell, C Brandon Linder, RG A.J. Cann, RT Jawaan Taylor
• DT Malcom Brown, NT DaVon Hamilton, DE Adam Gotsis
• OLBs Josh Allen, K’Lavon Chaisson, MIKE Damien Wilson, WILL Myles Jack
• CBs Shaquill Griffin, Tre Herndon
• FS Rayshawn Jenkin, SS Andrew Wingard
• Matthew Wright (kicker), Logan Cooke (punter, holder), Ross Matiscik (long snapper), Jamal Agnew (kick and punt returns)
Bengals Projected Starters
• QB Joe Burrow
• RB Joe Mixon
• WRs Ja’Marr Chase, Tyler Boyd, Auden Tate
• TEs C.J. Uzomah, Drew Sample
• LT Jonah Williams, LG Quinton Spain, C Trey Hopkins, RG Xavier Su’a-Filo, RT Riley Reiff
• LDE Sam Hubbard NT D.J. Reader, DT Larry Ogunjobi, RDE Trey Hendrickson
• LBs Logan Wilson, Germaine Pratt
• CBs Trae Waynes, Chidobe Awuzie, Mike Hilton
• S Vonn Bell, Brandon Wilson
• Evan McPherson (kicker), Kevin Huber (punter, holder), Clark Harris (long snapper), Brandon Wilson, Darius Phillips (kick and punt returns)
— Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH) September 30, 2021
4 K Josh Lambo
21 CB Nevin Lawson
24 RB Carlos Hyde
92 DE/OLB Jordan Smith
95 DL Roy Robertson-Harris
97 DT Jay Tufele
Hyde a surprise healthy scratch tonight.
— Demetrius Harvey (@Demetrius82) September 30, 2021