After a weekend of shenanigans with some pals, I’m ready to hit a reset button before gearing up for my birthday next week.
- Deshaun Watson is set for a hearing with NFL Disciplinary Officer Sue L. Robinson, who will rule on if the Browns QB violated the league’s personal conduct policy. And the punishment doesn’t look to be light:
- That the Wall Street Journal is reporting that the NFL is seeking something this strong for Watson’s punishment is an attention-grabber. The term indefinite suspension will certainly open eyes. We’ll continue following this, as the fallout from could be widespread.
- Thomas Graham Jr. is celebrating a birthday today. And while Jaylon Johnson, Kyler Gordon, Eddie Jackson, and Jaquan Brisker are essentially locked into starting positions, Graham is among the players who is fighting for an expanded role in 2022. There was a time where we thought Graham could be battling for a starting spot opposite of Johnson as a boundary corner, it is shaping up to be a battle in the slot against Tavon Young. During his time in Baltimore, a healthy Young was one of the NFL’s top nickel corners. but injuries have kept him from realizing his full potential. Handicapping this showdown might be challenging, as it might come down to who leaves camp with the healthiest body. Remember, Young is coming off an injury-shortened season in Baltimore. And the last we saw of Graham, he was making strong first impressions (albeit with a different coaching staff). No matter how you slice it, this is a position battle worth tracking.
- Deebo Watch continues, although it isn’t as juicy as it once was when there was a strong belief in some circles that a trade was on the horizon. Even still … it’s not as if the trade request has been taken back by Samuel:
- If I had to wager on it, I’d bet on Samuel lining up at Soldier Field in Week 1 – as a member if the 49ers. And with a fresh new contract.
- Speaking of receivers on the schedule this year — Justin Jefferson, whose excellence has made him a real thorn in the side of the Bears in recent years, has some lofty individual goals:
- Game going global:
- Digging into the NFL’s vault:
- If you really have a football itch that needs scratching, then next week’s USFL Championship Game might be of interest to you:
- Meet the new guy:
- This is a bummer for baseball:
Sorting Through the Roquan Smith Mess: A $95M Offer? Is He Even on the Trade Block? Conflicting Opinions on a “Fair” Deal, More
Braxton on the Rise, Fields Finds Tight Ends, Brady Takes a Break, Refs Are Ruiners, and Other Bears Bullets
Bears Training Camp Notes: Fields Thrives in Red Zone, Fullbacks and Tight Ends Shine, One DB Sleeper, More