When you play only 17 games in a season, they all feel “big” for one reason or another.
This week, it’s a big one for Bears receiver N’Keal Harry:
Not only is Harry set to make his Bears debut, but he is also returning back to his old stomping grounds.
The Patriots used a first-round pick to take Harry in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft. In doing so, the Pats were hoping Harry would click with Tom Brady and keep that dynasty alive and kicking. Instead, Harry struggled to find his footing as a young receiver. And Brady waits for no rookie’s development. Fast forward to 2022, and Harry is on a Bears team desperate for receiver help.
I know better than to pencil Harry in for a huge revenge game in his debut. But I do expect him to put his best foot forward tonight, under the lights, against his former mates.
Chicago Bears (2-4, 3rd NFC North) at New England Patriots (3-3, T-3rd AFC East) – ESPN and WGN-TV (Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Lisa Salters); ESPN 2 (ManningCast); ESPN Deportes (Eduardo Varela, Pablo Viruega, John Sutcliffe); WBBM 780 AM, 105.9 FM (Jeff Joniak, Tom Thayer, Mark Grote); Westwood One (Kevin Harlan, Kurt Warner)
Kickoff Time: 7:15 PM CT
Site: Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, Ma.
Referee: Brad Allen
Odds: NE -8.5, O/U 40 (via DraftKings Sports Book)
Game Thread (Week 7 Preview)
Your game thread is down in the comments, so let’s have some good, clean (safe-for-work) fun. And, hopefully, we can watch the Bears break a losing streak tonight.
Starting Quarterbacks and Projected Game Stats
Bears: Justin Fields: 16/26, 182 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT; 7 carries, 36 rushing yards
Patriots: Mac Jones: 20/30, 214 passing yards, 1 TD, 1 INT; 2 carries, 5 rushing yards
Bears Projected Starters
• QB Justin Fields
• RB David Montgomery
• WRs Darnell Mooney, Equanimeous St. Brown, Velus Jones Jr.
• TE Cole Kmet
• LT Braxton Jones, LG Michael Schofield, C Lucas Patrick, RG Teven Jenkins, RT Larry Borom (hooray, changes!)
• LDE Al-Quadin Muhammad, LDT Angelo Blackson, RDT Justin Jones, RDE Robert Quinn
• SAM Nicholas Morrow, MIKE Joe Thomas, WILL Roquan Smith
• LCB Jaylon Johnson, RCB Kyler Gordon
• FS Eddie Jackson, SS Jaquan Brisker
• Cairo Santos (kicker), Trenton Gill (punter, holder), Patrick Scales (long snapper), Nobody really knows at this point (kick and punt returns)
Patriots Projected Starters
• QB Mac Jones
• RB Damien Harris
• WRs Jakobi Meyers, DeVante Parker, Nelson Agholor
• TE Hunter Henry
• LT Trent Brown, LG Cole Strange, C David Andrews, RG Mike Onwenu, RT
Isaiah Wynn (he’s inactive!)
• LDE Deatrich Wise Jr., NT Davon Godchaux, RDE Lawrence Guy
• WLB Matthew Judon, LILB Jahlani Tavai, RILB Raekwon McMillan, SLB
Josh Uche (also inactive)
• LCB Jonathan Jones, RCB Jalen Mills
• FS Devin McCourty, SS Kyle Dugger
• Nick Folk (kicker), Jake Bailey (punter, holder), Joe Cardona (long snapper), Markus Jones, Pierre Strong Jr. (kick and punt returns)