Ran into some car trouble recently and went to set up an appointment after the app suggested it. Hey, these smart cars are smarter than you might think! But a 2+ week wait from the dealership is a no-go for me, so I’m on the search for alternatives today. Wish me luck!
- It was good to see safety Jaquan Brisker come out of concussion protocol officially with a full practice on Wednesday. Now, he can resume his path of wrecking opposing offensive players:
- The Trib’s Brad Biggs is right to point out how having your safety lead the way in sacks is suboptimal. But he is also nails in underscoring how Brisker’s production in that category goes a long way toward highlighting his versatility. More than that, it truly hammers home how much help the Bears’ defensive line needs. There is no ignoring it, folks. That is a high priority this offseason. At least, it should be.
- Da’ron Payne? Will Anderson Jr.? Jalen Carter? Come on down!
- This feels like a good time to re-iterate that the Bears can go through the draft (Carter? Anderson?) or free agency (a whole lotta dudes) to really bolster what’s happening in the trenches.
- It is going to be easy to dream about what the Bears can do in the future with the Eagles coming to town and presenting a mighty fine blueprint. And Michael Irvin saying Justin Fields can do for the Bears what Jalen Hurts has done for the Eagles will only make me more wishful:
“It is absolutely a possibility, you better believe it is,” Irvin said, via 670 The Score/Audacy. “Justin Fields has shown that this year. He has made great strides. Now it’s important and imperative to do what the Eagles have done. They did what they needed to do to put who they had to put around him.
- Then again, the Bears need to do for Fields this offseason what the Eagles did for Hurts leading into this year.
- In that vein, I found this to be a worthwhile read with an eye on the future:
- Yes, Fields missed practice due to an illness. No, every time Fields misses practice doesn’t have to become some tin-foil hat conspiracy.
- Here’s a discussion I wasn’t expecting to stumble upon today: Bears play-by-play voice Jeff Joniak and analyst Tom Thayer discuss Fields and his potential record-breaking season with Bobby Douglass, who is most known for his exploits as a running quarterback with the Bears from an era long ago. (Chicago Bears YouTube)
- Sounds like Bear Weather is coming our way:
- Brendan Sugrue (BearsWire) offers up six Eagles players to keep eyes on when they come to town to face the Bears. And I’ll add two more to the list – defensive lineman Javon Hargrave and cornerback James Bradberry. Both players are impact defenders. And both are free agents to be this offseason. In theory, both could be Bears targets when you consider the team’s needs along the defensive line and in the secondary. Just saying. It’s always good to know who’s about to hit the market.
- Yo! They’re coming out of the bye HOT:
- I’m just glad everyone is safe so I could make a ha-ha about a thing that could’ve been quite serious.
- Hmmm … I wonder when the Bears will play internationally again?
This might be the best thing the Browns do this year:
- I keep seeing teams bringing back throwback helmets and it brings me back to the Bears and wondering when they’ll bring back the white “C” into the rotation.
- A random reminder: The Bears are rocking a blue-on-blue uniform combo later this year.
- This is tremendous news:
- NIce to see the Bears remember and honor long-time college football coach Mike Leach, who died earlier this week at age 61. (NBCS Chicago)
- Patriots stud pass rusher Matthew Judon isn’t buying the “randomness” of the NFL’s performance-enhancing substance testing:
- Melatonin to sleep and the rest is just vibes is such a vibe. I’m on Team Judon here.
- Another ridiculously wild and unexpected turn in the Arizona Cardinals’ season:
- The latest installment of obsessive Cubs shortstop target watching is up at BN:
- We love seeing the local teams doing cool things in the community:
- Very Merry Deals at Amazon today, including toys, TVs, and weighted blankets (which I love). #ad