We’ve got two AFC playoff hopefuls fighting for their postseason lives in the Meadowlands to kick off Week 16 when the Jacksonville Jaguars take on the New York Jets tonight on Thursday Night Football.
The Jaguars enter tonight’s game hoping to ride Trevor Lawrence’s late-season heater into the playoffs. Lawrence has thrown 686 yards and seven touchdowns in his last two games, completing 157-of-223 and throwing for 1,680 passing yards, 14 touchdowns, and 1 interception in his previous six.
Lawrence and the Jaguars have a 54 percent chance of making the playoffs entering tonight’s game (according to FiveThirtyEight), and a win would boost that percentage to 68 percent. With Ryan Tannehill’s season likely over in Tennessee and a Week 18 matchup against the Titans, Jacksonville is in a prime spot to return to the AFC playoffs this year.
On the other hand, the Jets are clinging to their playoff hopes and handing the ball to Zach Wilson for a second consecutive week, with Mike White still unable to be medically cleared for contact. After a dream start to the season, New York’s playoff hopes are on life support in a must-win game tonight.
Jacksonville Jaguars (6-8, 2nd AFC South) at New York Jets (7-7, 4th AFC East) – Amazon Prime Video (Al Michaels, Kirk Herbstreit, Kaylee Hartung); Westwood One (Ian Eagle, Jason McCourty); Spanish Broadcast (Miguel Gurwitz, Ronaldo Cantu, Mayra Gomez)
Kickoff Time: 7:15 p.m. CT
Site: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, Nj.
Referee: Brad Allen
Odds: Jets -2.5, O/U 37 (via DraftKings Sports Book)
- Draft Kings SGP: 220+ Trevor Lawrence alt. passing yards, Travis Etienne anytime TD scorer, Jaguars money line (+650)
- Caesars Sportsbook SGP: Garrett Wilson anytime TD, Garrett Wilson total receiving yards OVER 55.5, Zonovan Knight total rushing yards OVER 59.5 (+750)
Starting QBs and Projected Game Stats
Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence: 23/36, 237 passing yards, 1 TD, 1 INT; 4 carries, 16 rushing yards
Jets: Zach Wilson: 21/35, 256 passing yards, 1 TD, 1 INT; 4 carries, 16 rushing yards
Jaguars Projected Starters
• QB Trevor Lawrence
• RB Travis Etienne Jr.
• WR Christian Kirk, Marvin Jones Jr., Zay Jones
• TE Evan Engram
• LT Walker Little, LG Tyler Shaltey, C Luke Fortner, RG Brandon Scherff, RT Jawaan Taylor
• LDE Adam Gotsis, NT DaVon Hamilton, RDE Roy Robertson-Harris
• WLB Josh Allen, LILB Chad Muma, RILB Foyesade Oluokun, SLB K’Lavon Chaisson
• LCB Tyson Campbell, RCB Montaric Brown
• FS Andre Cisco, SS Rayshawn Jenkins
• Riley Patterson (kicker), Logan Cooke (punter, holder), Ross Matiscik (long snapper), Jamal Agnew (kick and punt returns)
Jets Projected Starters
• QB Zach Wilson
• RB Zonovan Carter
• WR Corey Davis, Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore
• TE Tyler Conklin
• LT Mike Remmers, LG Lake Tomlinson, C Connor McGovern RG Nate Herbig, RT George Fant
• LDE Carl Lawson, LDT Sheldon Rankins, RDT Quinnen Williams, RDE John Franklin-Myers
• WLB Kwon Alexander, MLB C.J. Mosley, SLB Quincy Williams
• LCB Sauce Gardner, RCB D.J. Reed
• FS Lamarcus Joyner, SS Jordan Whitehead
• Greg Zuerlein (kicker), Braden Mann (punter, holder), Thomas Hennessy (long snapper), Braxton Berrios (kick and punt returns)