I have to say it up front: thank you. Whether you’re interested in applying for this job or not, if you’re here reading, you’ve helped create this job. If so many of you didn’t continue to read, share, and follow us throughout the sports-less terror zone over the summer, we wouldn’t even be dreaming about adding another member to our little family right now. Your support kept us going, and also let us do something we’d previously been planning to do much earlier in the year: add Chicago Blackhawks coverage.
We are hiring a staff writer to cover the Chicago Blackhawks here at BN. This is a full-time, salaried position. If you’d like to be a full-time Blackhawks writer here at Bleacher Nation (i.e., the way BN Bears, Cubs, and Bulls operate, but, you know, Blackhawks), we’d love to hear from you. Details and application information to follow. The deadline for application is Tuesday, November 24.
• Writing/editing/producing content for the Blackhawks section of Bleacher Nation – game and player analysis, rumors, draft, transactions, commentary, etc., and doing it all in a way that connects you with other passionate Blackhawks fans
• Covering breaking news in a timely, thorough fashion
• Growing and cultivating a social media presence
• Communicating and collaborating with our team
• Pitching in as necessary on the other sports
• Excellent writing skills
• Intimate knowledge of the Chicago Blackhawks and the NHL
• Appreciation for/understanding of modern NHL analysis
• Ability to produce polished content quickly and/or on a deadline
• Sound judgement and a complete respect for accuracy and fairness
Bleacher Nation is, at its core, a fan-driven website. Our coverage and analysis is meant to speak to and connect with fans of the team. So while candidates can live anywhere – this position will be 100% remote, you can work where you like – we’re looking for someone who is truly a passionate fan of the Chicago Blackhawks.
If you feel you meet the qualifications above and are ready to accept the responsibilities of the position, please reach out to the email address “applications at bleachernation dot com” with:
1. A current resume.
2. A brief explanation of why you’re the right person for the job.
3. Any links to published work and/or social media.
Note: Please do not be offended if you do not receive an immediate reply. Again, the deadline for applications is Tuesday, November 24th, so update those resumes (you’ve been putting it off anyway) and get going.
Note 2: I know a lot of you have reached out to Michael or me over the past couple years for exactly this opportunity. And we love that! But still please re-engage by applying within the parameters above so we don’t lose track of anyone with whom we’ve touched base before.
Thanks again, all!
And if you want the early drop on social media, follow BN Blackhawks on Twitter and smack that like button on Facebook: