This weekend only provided one game of the Stanley Cup Final, and we watched the Avalanche skate the Lightning right out of the rink on Saturday night. The 7-0 blowout win was a stunningly dominant performance from Colorado, who will try to go up 3-0 in the series tonight in Tampa.
- Vote in today’s Twitter poll. Who ya got tonight?
- Over the weekend, Pierre LeBrun at The Athletic looked at some of the trade rumors swirling as we get closer to the end of the Stanley Cup Final and inch closer to the entire league entering draft season. According to his reporting, the Los Angeles Kings are one of the teams interested in acquiring Alex DeBrincat.
- Our Take: LA is an intriguing play for DeBrincat. If general manager Kyle Davidson wants to add draft assets, the Kings would figure to be a less-than-ideal partner after making the playoffs this season and looking like an improving team in a soft division moving forward. They also don’t have a lot of picks in the coming years; they only own their own picks in the first and second rounds the next two years.
- You can reportedly cross Pete DeBoer off the list of possible head coach candidates for the Blackhawks. Elliotte Friedman reported this weekend that he’s headed to Dallas, so we’ll get to see him plenty inside the division.
- Hockey Canada is under fire because of an alleged sexual assault that took place in 2018 with their national team. Their leadership will answer questions on Monday regarding how they handled the allegations and settlement. This story isn’t getting nearly enough attention in the U.S.
- The College World Series has been terrific. If you haven’t watched it yet, find some time to tune in. This insane catch was one of many crazy plays we saw in Omaha this weekend.