If you aren’t drinking from the Stanley Cup somewhere in Colorado, the next few days in the hockey world have become the quiet before the storm. The 2022 NHL Draft is now less than ten days away, so get your phones charged for trade season to begin! In Chicago, we’re in the hiring season, however… head coach hiring season.
- The Blackhawks will introduce new head coach Luke Richardson to the media on Wednesday. We’re excited for the new era of Blackhawks hockey with Richardson behind the bench, in large part because of his extensive resume as a player and coach. We’ll be at the press conference tomorrow.
- The Rockford IceHogs, the AHL affiliate of the Blackhawks, unveiled a new logo. The hockey stick is gone from between the teeth. It’s a new day in Rockford!
- The Hockey Hall of Fame announced its 2022 induction class on Monday afternoon. Still no Steve Larmer, but we’ll keep up the good fight in the case of No. 28.
- This morning — the 28th of the month — we devoted our Larmer story to looking back at his dominance in the Canada Cup in 1991. He was the leading scorer for a Canadian team full of future Hall of Famers. This international performance should be a bold line on Larmer’s Hall of Fame resume.
- Sponsored content can be fun when it involves someone you like and places you know well. The new show on FX, “The Bear,” sponsored a little around town where-I-eat vignette with Alex DeBrincat. Hopefully, he gets to frequent these restaurants for a while longer… but there’s a chance he’ll have to order out as a visitor at some point soon.
- Monday’s entry in the Creative Content category came from the NHL, who apparently strapped a camera to champagne bottle(s) to give fans a perspective of the party inside the Avalanche dressing room on Sunday night.
- Avs head coach Jared Bednar shares the Saskatoon Blades on his resume with Blackhawks’ RFA center Kirby Dach. While we’re thankful Dach isn’t seeing the same barber Bednar did during his Blades’ career, we’re hoping he brings similar success to Chicago soon. We love a savage social media crew bringing this out before throwback Thursday.
- Finally, as we get excited for the Blackhawks’ 2022 draft experience next week, the Bulls introduced their top pick on Monday. There’s a lot to love about Dalen Terry on and off the court.