The Blackhawks are slowly starting to get healthy, which is a great sign. Sam Lafferty returns to the lineup tonight and will be back on the fourth line at center. MacKenzie Entwistle will get elevated to the third line on the wing tonight.
The Jets’ lineup has a few changes from the last time they were in Chicago a couple weeks ago, which isn’t necessarily a good thing. The Jets have out-scored the Blackhawks 11-2 in their two matchups this season and come in one of the hotter teams in the entire NHL.
Puck Drop: 7:30 PM CT
Radio: WGN 720 AM
Andreas Athanasiou — Jonathan Toews — Patrick Kane
Philipp Kurashev — Max Domi — Taylor Raddysh
Jujhar Khaira — Jason Dickinson — MacKenzie Entwistle
Colin Blackwell — Sam Lafferty — Reese Johnson
Jack Johnson — Seth Jones
Caleb Jones — Connor Murphy
Jake McCabe — Ian Mitchell
🥅 Arvid Söderblom
Kyle Connor – Pierre-Luc Dubois – Michael Eyssimont
Cole Perfetti – Mark Scheifele – Blake Wheeler
Morgan Barron – Adam Lowry – Saku Maenalanen
Jansen Harkins – David Gustafsson – Axel Jonsson-Fjällby
Josh Morrissey – Dylan DeMelo
Brenden Dillon – Neal Pionk
Logan Stanley – Nate Schmidt
🥅 David Rittich
Tyler Johnson, Jarred Tinordi, Petr Mrazek and Alex Stalock are still on IR. Lafferty returns to the lineup tonight.
Nikolaj Ehlers and Mason Appleton are on IR.
What to Watch For
- The Blackhawks have won twice in their last 14 starts. Included in that stretch are the Blackhawks getting absolutely smoked by the Jets 7-2 on Nov. 27 at the United Center and a 4-0 loss at Winnipeg on Nov. 5.
- Lafferty returns to the lineup for the first time since he got hurt in Dallas on Nov. 23. He missed six games.
- Josh Morrissey has five points (one goal, four assists) in two games against the Blackhawks this season. Kyle Connor, who is celebrating his birthday today, has one goal and three assists in the two games against Chicago.
- Domi (19 points) is just one back of Kane for the team lead. He had three points in the one game the Blackhawks scored a goal in the NY/NJ trip.
- Since the start of November, the Jets (12-4-0) have the fifth-best point percentage (.750) in the entire NHL. The only Western Conference team with a better point percentage since November began is Seattle (.767). The Blackhawks? Dead last (.250).