A Ridiculous Rockford Goal, EBUG Alert, Bedard and Dach Jerseys Up For Auction, and Other Blackhawks Bullets
Holy jumpin’ this goal for Rockford is so good I’m giving it the leadoff spot in our Saturday bullets. Bobby Lynch on the doorstep goes between his legs to tie the game. Ridiculous.
- The Blackhawks scrambled to come up with a backup goaltender for Friday night’s game in Florida with Alex Stalock getting sick. Enter EBUG Zach Andrews, who signed an ATO contract before the game to serve as the Blackhawks’ backup for the night. Andrews is usually one of the EBUGs for the Panthers, but Chicago only had one available goaltender.
- Ander Bjork left the game after the first period and did not return. The Blackhawks needed a couple healthy bodies and, unfortunately, couldn’t bring the EBUG across the state with them for their second game in as many nights, so Anton Khudobin and Luke Philp are flying to Tampa for the game tonight. The Blackhawks recalled the two on Saturdya morning.
- With Connor Murphy out of the lineup, the Blackhawks rolled with a third pair of Ian Mitchell and Filip Roos. And they were pretty good together, especially in Roos’ first NHL action in months.
- I continue watching Nikita Zaitsev and, thus far, cannot see a good reason for him to be on the roster next season. I know the Blackhawks need to get to the floor, but this front office has shown a willingness to buy guys out who don’t help the NHL roster.
- [Sings] And that’s what it’s all about!
- Minnesota-Duluth lost their first conference tournament game 3-1 last night, but that one goal came off the stick of Blackhawks prospect Dominic James. The goal is his ninth of the season. James, Wyatt Kaiser and the rest of the Bulldogs will look to stay alive in the NCHC tournament against Dominic Basse and St. Cloud State tonight.
- Want a Team Canada signed Colton Dach jersey? Or, maybe you have a spare mortgage payment laying around for a Connor Bedard signed Canada jersey? They’re available now on an auction that raises money for a hockey camp scholarship. So… elite memorabilia AND it helps a great cause? Where’s my checkbook? (BTW Bedard’s jersey is already over $2,000…)
- Ethan Del Mastro, who was Bedard’s teammate for both of Canada’s gold medal victories at the World Juniors in the past calendar year, scored a big goal for Sarnia last night. Del Mastro now has 32 points in 24 games since being traded to Sarnia after the WJC and is having a great year overall. I can’t wait to see him in the professional ranks.
- The Chicago Bears did a THING last night. While the Blackhawks were losing to the Panthers on the ice, the Bears were taking full advantage of the gridiron’s Panthers.
Premium Prospect Production, Richardson’s Transparent Style, Boston Clinches, and Other Blackhawks Bullets
Kane’s Ranger First, Roos Returns, Khaira’s Back (And A Ring), Michigan Mullets, And Other Blackhawks Bullets
Raddysh’s Career Year, College Prospects Honored, NHL Games in Australia? and Other Blackhawks Bullets