Toews Skates, Vlasic Recalled, Kurashev’s Season Over, and Other Blackhawks Bullets
The Blackhawks had a nice surprise for us at the morning skate today when Jonathan Toews joined them on the ice. He was in good spirits on the ice and then spent roughly 12 minutes talking with the media after the practice.
- With Jarred Tinordi banged up and the Blackhawks seemingly moving on from Ian Mitchell, the team recalled Alex Vlasic on Tuesday morning. Head coach Luke Richardson said Vlasic and Wyatt Kasier will be in the lineup tonight against Dallas. Richardson said the plan is for Vlasic to be with the team in Chicago and on the upcoming road trip before heading back to Rockford for the playoffs.
- Richardson also shared that, unfortunately, Philipp Kurashev‘s season is over because of the should injury he suffered in Washington. He was at the morning skate with his left arm still in a sling.
- It’s the 28th of the month, which means it’s time for our monthly discussion about why the Blackhawks still need to retire Steve Larmer‘s No. 28 and the Hockey Hall of Fame needs to induct him already. This month, we’ve got an extraordinary two-for lineup!
- With the Dallas Stars in town for a game later this evening, I focused my piece on Larmer on how great he was against the Minnesota North Stars during some incredible regular season games and postseason series. That rivalry, especially in the early 1980s, was as good as it gets. And Larmer was on top of his game against them.
- The bonus feature is a conversation I had with Kyle on The Broadway Hat Podcast about some of the Blackhawks-Rangers crossover through the years — including Larmer and, now, Patrick Kane.
- Scott Powers had some thoughts about who might be the next prospect to sign with the Blackhawks in the coming weeks. Interestingly, Powers suggests forward Antti Saarela could be the next youngster to get a contract — and it might come soon enough for him to finish the season with Rockford.
- One good thought in here from Scott regarding Notre Dame forward Landon Slaggert, who just completed his junior season. His younger brother will be on the Irish roster next season, so the idea of the two brothers playing together — with their father as the associate head coach — might be enough of a draw to keep him in school for one more season.
- Finally, while the Blackhawks are looking to offer first contracts to some young players the Cubs got an extension done with Nico Hoerner. This is great news for the Cubs and fans of the young middle infielder.
- Paige Spiranac Fantasy Golf Pool
Sign-Up to Paige's Free Augusta Golf Pool and Get a chance to Win a Round of Golf with Paige!
Dallas Stays Live, Seattle Wins Big, Hall of Famer Huet, USA Upset at Worlds, and Other Blackhawks Bullets
Bedard’s Impact on Regina, Seattle’s Memorial Cup Begins, Favorite Celly Options, and Other Blackhawks Bullets
Benn’s Dirty Play, Dallas Blown Out, Chicago Offseason Thoughts, Kaiser Honored, and Other Blackhawks Bullets
No Summer Bedard, Front Office Rumors, A Trophy Lunch, Bring Back Brass Bonanza? and Other Blackhawks Bullets