Video Game Numbers For Bedard, Davidson’s Summer To-Do List, Flyers Hire Jones, And Other Blackhawks Bullets
Yeah, we’re still all glowing from Monday night’s 2023 NHL Draft Lottery results. All Chicago can talk about is the pending arrival of Connor Bedard in late-June. But there are still Stanley Cup Playoffs taking place, some of which are impacting Chicago’s other picks in this summer’s draft.
Tonight we’ve got a couple important Game 5s to watch. Carolina can deliver a knock-out blow to New Jersey and one of Seattle or Dallas will break their series 2-2 tie.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs were able to escape with a 2-1 win last night, surviving to play a fifth game in their series against the Florida Panthers. If the Panthers eventually knock out the Leafs, the Blackhawks’ second first-round pick moves up to No. 19 overall. So… again, let’s go Panthers!
- EA Sports went ahead and simulated Connor Bedard’s career for us, because why wait? Rookie of the Year? Check. MVPs? How about four! And Stanley Cup(s) — plural? Let’s go! Yeah, the hype train is going full speed, folks!
- Blackhawks general manager Kyle Davidson joined the crew on NHL Now on the NHL Network earlier this week to talk about winning the NHL Draft Lottery. He couldn’t stop smiling. Neither can we, Kyle. Neither can we.
- The CBC in Saskatoon cranked out this nice video about Regina saying farewell to their hero as he heads to Chicago for the coming NHL season.
- Scott Powers over at The Athletic reminded us that, just because the Blackhawks now know they’ll get Bedard, the work has only just begun for Davidson and his staff. Who’s playing with Bedard? How do they spend their money in the coming years? And, oh yeah! About those other draft picks Chicago owns…
- With that in mind, what about the Blackhawks’ pending restricted free agents? Chicago announced the organization re-signed goaltender Arvid Söderblom to a two-year deal yesterday. But the rest of the pending RFAs still need to get that paper done. I looked at the Blackhawks’ list of players to consider and offered my thoughts on whether they should stay or go.
- The Philadelphia Flyers officially announced on Thursday morning that Keith Jones is their new President of Hockey Operations. The club also took the interim tag off general manager Daniel Briere, beginning a new era in the front office in Philly.
- Finally, make sure you’re watching our Bears and NFL coverage all day. It’s NFL schedule release day! The games are already starting to leak across Twitter, and our guys will be watching it until the big official reveal this evening.
So Much Overtime, Memorial Cup Field Set, Thoughts On Auston Matthews Buzz, and Other Blackhawks Bullets
Tkachuk the OT Hero (Again), Campbell’s Front Office Role, Future All-Stars, CHL Clinch Games, and Other Blackhawks Bullets
Seattle Wins WHL Championship, More Playoff OT, Cooley Back to College, and Other Blackhawks Bullets
Tkachuk the 4 (FOUR!) OT Hero, Dach Honored, Q Back? More Desert Drama, and Other Blackhawks Bullets
Around The NHL: Fallout For Leafs & Oilers, Coyotes’ Future in Question, Conference Finals Begin, More
Arizona’s Future, the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Jonesy Talks Philly Rebuild, and Other Blackhawks Bullets