Um, what is going on?
The Bulls are getting praise around the league for their decisions in free agency, and I don’t know how to react (what do I do with my arms!?). I feel like I woke up in an alternate universe where Gar Froman and John Paxson don’t make me question every decision and also where I’m a little more naturally chiseled and good looking (hey, a man can dream).
Thaddeus Young and Tomas Satornasky are the newest members of the Chicago Bulls roster, two names that came as a decently-pleasant surprise. However, the compliments around the league are definitely the bigger surprise. I’m just not used to this much positive energy being sent in the Bulls direction.
Think what you will about the signings, but plenty of big names in the NBA world are buying into what the Bulls have done so far this offseason.
- Hey, Mr. Lowe knows what he is talking about usually!
Bulls have signed two smart, tough, creative players in Sato and Thaddeus Young. I…I kinda like Chicago's offseason so far? https://t.co/rPuNElTvgf
— Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) July 1, 2019
- THE Dwyane Wade chimed in and showed the Bulls some love. He may just be trying to make everyone feel better after (conspiracy alert) he came to Chicago just to convince Jimmy Butler to play in Miami, but either way, this was unexpected.
- The Athletic’s Stephen Noh is right, this already is so much better than the Bulls have done over the past several years. I know what the trolls will say “the bar wasn’t high,” well at least the organization finally got over it instead of lowering it even more.
Love the Sato signing. I had been clamoring for him all year.
Bulls have surprised me so far by targeting underrated two-way players with high IQ. So much better than what they've done in recent history.
— Stephen Noh (@StephNoh) July 1, 2019
Seems like Bulls went into free agency with a good plan and stuck to it. Very pleased with the moves
— Will Gottlieb (@wontgottlieb) July 1, 2019
I like that Satoransky deal a lot for Chicago. The Bulls did really well to get him and Thad.
— Sam Vecenie (@Sam_Vecenie) July 1, 2019
Another one of the non-marquee free agents to target comes off the board: https://t.co/H0kAKdkiDu
Satoransky's big, smart, doesn't make a ton of mistakes with the ball, and can shoot the 3. A high-floor player who should help a still-buffering Bulls team in a couple of spots. https://t.co/brJKWWuKT0
— Dan Devine (@YourManDevine) July 1, 2019
Tomas Satoransky is a perfect get for the Bulls. 6'7 point guard who will be 28 years old and is:
– Efficient scorer at 59% true shooting
– Quality playmaker at 6.6 assists per-36 minutes
– Capable outside shooter at 40% from three (2 attempts per game)
– Engaged + versatile on D
— Ricky O'Donnell (@SBN_Ricky) July 1, 2019
- WOAH! Kaplan is on board too!?
— David Kaplan (@thekapman) July 1, 2019
As expected. No splash for the Bulls in free agency. But I gotta be honest. They got better. I think they are a playoff team. Book it.
— jordan cornette (@jordancornette) July 1, 2019
- If King is happy… that means he is probably already working on Young and Satornasky puns for this upcoming season!
I like what the Bulls did this offseason. Solid draft may have a future star in White. Picked up versatile players that can play multiple positions & are good players. Kept young core in tact. Give this team a couple of seasons of winning & everybody will want to come here. pic.twitter.com/bmUTeVFSrD
— Stacey King (@Stacey21King) July 1, 2019