One easy way to tell it’s time for the NBA to come back is by simply searching “Bulls” on Twitter.
I’ll tap into that search multiple times throughout the day (partly to see if I’ve missed anything … partly because I’m obsessed), but around this time of year, I’m greeted with more tweets about literal bulls than the ones from Chicago. I also know a lot about energy drinks (Red Bull) and I am not amused.
Please, basketball deities, start filling my timeline with Coby White highlights and snarky comments about Jim Boylen! I miss basketball! I need it. Let’s do some bullets to cheer me up:
- Pssssh … Are we really pretending like this is a question!?
- Jokes aside, it’s nice to see Lauri Markkanen finally included in a conversation like this – he clearly deserves to be. But the question is tough. Each player above, including Markkanen, has already put together a coming-out party (of one sort or another), while having yet to take the league by storm. But when you think about these four players – from the standpoint of who can make the biggest jump this season – it definitely feels like Markkanen is the right call, right? (… asks the Bulls fan on his Bulls blog).
- Let’s consider: Markkanen is probably walking into his best situation thus far. He should be entering the year fully healthy and might finally have some palatable point guard play off which to work. We’ve said this before, but the addition of Tomas Satoransky, in particular, should improve Markkanen’s efficiency and confidence in his role. Don’t get me wrong, I think all of these players will have great seasons (I’m especially a big fan of Fox and Mitchell), but Markkanen probably still has the most room left to grow.
- The Bulls have two potential All-Star candidates on their roster right now, so I broke down what each would have to do to get there this season. In short, Zach LaVine needs to focus on turning his offensive numbers into wins, while simultaneously showing he can be a two-way player. Lauri Markkanen, on the other hand, just needs to become more aggressive… it’s basically that simple.
- Stick around later today, as we have much more to discuss with respect to Wendell Carter Jr., Coby White’s shoes, mini-camp for the Bulls, and Tomas Satoransky.
- In the meantime … Us too, Katy. Us too.
It’s been 118 days since the Bulls played a game. I miss the mess. It’s been so long since I’ve yelled at Antonio Blakeney. I’m so bored. pic.twitter.com/6uhoruBuEU
— Katy Duffy (@katyduffy_) August 7, 2019
- White is making them #connections, and I’m all about it.
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) August 6, 2019
- Let’s all give a big round of applause to Steph, everyone.
- Random shoutout to the Chicago Bears for giving statues where statues are due.
And Khalil Mack will be carefully setting them into place. https://t.co/shCH6y3n9h
— Bleacher Nation Bears (@BN_Bears) August 7, 2019