Hey, y’all. I’m going to start today’s bullets off with a big ole THANK YOU! Last week, I received several nice comments from you guys on a few different posts here at BN Bulls and it really stuck with me.
With this site still in its infancy and the season still a couple of months away, it means a lot to see folks enjoying the stuff I’ve typed. And, I promise, things are only going to get better (both here *and* for the Bulls)!
Okay. Let’s get the day going.
- The 2019-20 NBA regular season schedule is released today! At 2:00 p.m. CT we will finally know who stands in the way of the Chicago Bulls and the Larry O’Brien Trophy! *Hears something through earpiece* What’s that? Oh, the Bulls stand in their own way? And we’re just focused on whether they can make the playoffs? Gotcha.
- Anyway, the release of the schedule just means we’re that much closer to the new season tipping off. With a pretty wide-open Eastern Conference, a solid strength of schedule could make all of us feel a bit more comfortable about the Bulls grabbing a playoff spot. We’ll make sure to take a closer look later today, so check back this afternoon!
- Coby White and many of his fellow rookies hit up the NBA Rookie Photo Shoot this weekend. The inter-webs were loaded with good #CobyContent, so we’re going to group that all together in a separate post. Most importantly though, White could be seen right by Zion Williamson’s side a couple of times throughout the day, so, clearly, these two are teaming up to save the franchise (I can dream, can’t I!?)
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) August 12, 2019
- With the addition of White in the draft, Chicago landed on Sports Illustrated’s list of “Five Young NBA Cores to Keep an Eye out for This Season.” Considering the team as a whole is one of the youngest in the NBA, it’s only fitting that they accompany teams like the Pelicans and Hawks on this list. The short blurb written about the Bulls emphasizes the players’ defensive development as the real key to reaching the next step… and I’d have to agree.
- Yes, I’m excited to see both Lauri Markkanen and Otto Porter on the court again, but I’m more excited to see this whole starting rotation on the court for the first time. Adding a healthy Wendell Carter Jr. into the mix here with legitimate point guard play from Tomas Satoransky or White should hopefully make this start to feel like a complete basketball team. With that being said, complete doesn’t mean perfect. I expect plenty of obstacles to stand in the way of this team, but for the first time in several years, we should feel comfortable with the starting rotation.
Who else can't wait to see these two back on the court? 🙌 pic.twitter.com/4atouC43qr
— Chicago Bulls (@chicagobulls) August 11, 2019
- Porter could play a much bigger role on this team than people realize. After coming to Chicago late last season, he played his best NBA basketball. A lot of the focus turns to the young talent and fresh faces, but Porter could very well be this team’s X-factor.
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) August 9, 2019
- Zach LaVine hit up former teammate Bobby Portis’ celebrity game this weekend. As he sat on the sideline taking in the game, he was asked about why he chose not to participate. His answer was simple: “I can’t risk getting hurt man.” Fair enough.
NBA star & Bulls G @ZachLaVine explains to a fan why he did not play today in the Bobby Portis Foundation celebrity game … would have been great to watch him do his thing, but to his credit he didn't dodge the question & he stayed late to grant every autograph & photo request! pic.twitter.com/LdHzILceBl
— Kevin McPherson (@ARHoopScoop) August 12, 2019
- I’m not exactly sure what this is, but I’m totally here for it. Also, yes, that is an Adam Silver wax figure.
I'm at the grand opening of the NBA Experience at Disney Springs in Orlando! There are a ton of interactive stations for fans. Many @NBA players (Dwyane Wade, Grant Hill, Victor Oladipo, Brook Lopez, Aaron Gordon, Udonis Haslem, Nick Anderson, etc) are here. They did a GREAT job! pic.twitter.com/FZwWc2EIKJ
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) August 12, 2019
- Thaddeus Young’s stint with Team USA is over. After playing 11 minutes in a scrimmage with the team this weekend, Young was cut alongside the Miami Heat’s Bam Adebayo. At the end of the day, Young chances of actually making the official 12-man roster were very slim, so might as well walk away sooner rather than later.
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) August 10, 2019
- This dude put on a Zach LaVine jersey and started jumping out of the gym. If all it takes to reach the athletic ceiling of LaVine is wearing the same uniform, then expect this same video of me to be coming out on Twitter shortly. Maybe now I can stop going to little-league games and dunking over 9-year-olds (I’m kidding… maybe).
This dude might actually have as much bounce as Zach LaVine 😳🚀
(via _nickbriz/IG) pic.twitter.com/mXqnpKBQPi
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) August 12, 2019