Football season is right around the corner, and I’m getting fantasy anxiety.
With all of my focus turned recently to the Cubs, as well as (sadly) offseason workout photos of the Bulls #grinding, I’ve done minimal research on the fantasy football end of things. At the same time, I’m asking myself if it’s really worth going through the several mock drafts I usually do. Once the draft starts everything normally turns to crap anyway.
Maybe I’ll just go in cold and see what happens.
*Proceeds to panic and draft kicker with No. 3 overall pick.*
- Here is something that needs no introduction:
— Sean Highkin (@highkin) August 21, 2019
- ARE YOU SEEING THIS!? Lauri Markkanen has his own brand of dipping sauce in Finland and meanwhile, I’m sitting here dipping my fries in ketchup like a peasant!? I don’t even care what kind of condiment this is, my fries would be dipped all up in this sauce. Even better, it appears to be served at a place called “Wings ‘n things Restaurant.” WOW. I’m not quite sure why Markkanen looks more like a boxer ready to fight other condiment-creating-athletes, but I guess that’s just part of the mystique. Also, in case sinihomedippi isn’t your cup of tea, it appears Markkanen provides us with FOUR other dipping selections! The fact this isn’t sitting in every single Chicagoland Jewel is utterly appalling. I need my sinihomedippi.
- While I’m at it, here’s Markkanen answering questions and saving the planet all at the same time. THIS *clap emoji* Kid *clap emoji.*
- Okay, now that I’ve calmed down, yesterday was #TeamDay for the Bulls, which means the NBA shared a bunch of Bulls content throughout the day. I see no problem.
Toss it ⬆️… Throw it ⬇️
— NBA (@NBA) August 22, 2019
- I’ve been thinking about this lately, the Bulls probably have one of the better dunking teams in the NBA, right? Obviously, Zach LaVine gives the squad a major boost, but with Markkanen and Wendell Carter Jr, I feel like this squad could win a team-based NBA Slam Dunk Contest. Even a guy like Chandler Hutchison is a low-key flashy dunker.
- If you’re just looking for some fun, topical NBA conversation during this quiet August month, the latest Bulls Talk podcast has you covered. Kevin Anderson has a great story about how Jordan would learn the outcome of the infamous Dunkin’ Donuts race at United Center and bet his teammates on the winner. Ah, gambling.
On the latest #Bulls Talk Podcast, @Kevin_NBCS, @ZenMasterMike & @highkin discuss:
-Which player in #NBA history would've had the best @Twitter account
-The special 'MJ version' of NBA Jam
-DBook vs Joakim Noah pickup basketball double team debate
— Bulls Talk (@NBCSBulls) August 22, 2019
- Most of the content released yesterday from NBA TV was from the good old days, like this ever-amusing clip of MJ sinking a free throw with his eyes closed.
"Hey, Mutombo. This one's for you baby."
— NBA TV (@NBATV) August 22, 2019
- Of course, we got our fair share of D-Rose highlights as well, with NBA TV also playing his massive Game 1 playoff outing against the Pacers in 2011 (the man scored 39 points) last night. Here’s just a bunch of fun clips from his MVP season to keep these nostalgia-themed bullets going.
— NBA TV (@NBATV) August 21, 2019
- Fred Hoiberg sold his house. I don’t really have anything else to say about that, but it’s August and we need content.
- I’ve only heard good things about Comedy Central’s new show South Side, and if this clip is any indication of how this show is written, I’ll be tuning in ASAP.
— Bulls Talk (@NBCSBulls) August 21, 2019
- Scottie is giving some love to Ron Harper, and rightfully so. While he experienced a huge drop in offensive production when coming to the Bulls from the Clippers (he averaged 18ppg in four full seasons with the team and only 8.22 during five full seasons with the Bulls), his role changed pretty drastically. Harper had an underrated defensive impact for the Bulls during their second three-peat, and he was also extremely helpful in the facilitating category. Over the course of his entire career, he was able to showcase a wide range of skills, so I’d agree we probably don’t give him enough credit.
— Scottie Pippen (@ScottiePippen) August 22, 2019
- Coby White spotting!
Go behind the scenes with @PaniniAmerica at the 2019 @NBA Rookie Photo Shoot featuring @Zionwilliamson, @RjBarrett6, @drehunter_, @CobyWhite and more. #WhoDoYouCollect #PaniniNBARookie #NBA pic.twitter.com/G7Bf1RENG7
— Panini America (@PaniniAmerica) August 19, 2019