Before we get into basketball, I’m still heated over this.
And I know I’m right (naturally):
People are freaking out about Cabello and Swift, yet Eddie Murphy is hosting for the first time since 1984… and it's the Holiday show.
Y'all need to get your priorities straight. https://t.co/En8zSycYtA
— Elias Schuster (@Schuster_Elias) August 26, 2019
I’m a millennial and all, but these are the times where I get mad at my own generation. Get it together, people.
- You might not know about the Howard University versus Hampton University college football rivalry, but you probably should. A matchup since 1908, the two school’s will duke it out this year at Soldier Field for a chance to claim the title of “The Real HU.” The game is run through the Chicago Football Classic, which aims to showcase the countries top Historically Black College and Universities each year. Around 15,000 students are expected to take in the game and visit a college fair. And it appears 4,000 of those students will be sponsored by two very familiar names:
Anthony Davis and Derrick Rose will sponsor 4,000 students from Englewood to watch Howard University play Hampton University on Sep. 14 at Soldier Field. Chicago's finest always giving back to the community
— Ashish Mathur (@amathur25) August 26, 2019
- Shoutout to Anthony Davis and Derrick Rose (because, obviously, they read this). Even though neither might be ballin’ out in the Chicagoland area, which is a bummer, it’s great to see these two continue to give back to their city. Good vibes all around.
- We tweeted out this article over the weekend, but it’s awesome enough to throw in bullets as well. Coby White spoke with the Sun-Times while he attended a Chicago Sky game about everything from his adjustment to the NBA to his favorite food (Chicken Alfredo). The Q&A is just another reminder of the fresh feel we can expect White to bring into the locker room. While the Bulls are the second-youngest team in the NBA, we’re still waiting for that youthful energy to translate on and off the court. White has that.
White told the Sun-Times he wants a Coby vs. Kobe one-on-one game. Why?
“If I challenged him, I probably wouldn’t win. But just to pick his brain and learn from him.’’
THIS 👏 KID 👏 https://t.co/ZsBweplYGA
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) August 24, 2019
- Other than wanting a Coby-on-Kobe matchup, White discussed being starstruck during his time a D-Wade’s camp earlier this offseason. Hey, I’d rather have him get that nervous energy out of the way before he has to battle those guys on the court. We want this man to show no mercy! One of his best comments though was certainly about the fan base in Chicago: ‘‘The city and the fans show a lot of love, and they all support you. I feel like they’re all excited that I got drafted here. They were really welcoming, and that was good for me.’’ We all love you, Coby, just don’t cut your hair (kidding … kinda).
- Tomas Satoransky gave his thoughts on former Bull Nikola Mirotic opting to play with Barcelona this offseason. An overseas journeyman himself, Satoransky mentioned that he wouldn’t mind coming back to Europe to finish out his career, but the NBA is the priority right now. You can read the full quote below:
Tomas Satoransky on if he'd like to play in Europe after his NBA career: pic.twitter.com/JGff5hWZOK
— Lukas Kuba (@Luke_Mellow) August 27, 2019
- Satorasnky also dropped 21 points with six assists the other night for the Czech Republic. Remember, Bulls faithful will be able to get an early look at his game during the FIBA World Cup starting later this week.
- Forbes’ contributing writer Jason Patt talked expectations for LaVine and Markkanen and expanded on why the state of the rebuild rests on their shoulders.
- Excuse me, why is my boy LaVine draining three’s not in this compilation?
NBA stars were turning out highlight reels at pickup runs all summer 💯 pic.twitter.com/i1yyuEz3sh
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) August 27, 2019
- That tie is GOAT sized.
— Chicago Bulls Archive (@BullsArchive) August 26, 2019
- Is it just me, or is it strange to see an animal just taking care of other animals?
It’s no surprise all dogs just love @bennythebull ❤️
— Chicago Bulls (@chicagobulls) August 26, 2019