How many fantasy football leagues are you in? Okay, now, how many fantasy football leagues are you in that you care about?
We all know the league that matters most is the one you’ve been doing with those high school buddies for well over a decade. In my case, I’ve been doing this since middle school with the same guys, and we still don’t really have a concrete prize other than pride. I’ve been apart of money leagues in the past, but nothing tops the feeling of just being able to send a middle finger emoji in your group chat when you win the big game.
The true definition of priceless.
- So close, yet so far. The Bulls tip-off their season in 54 days, but the opening night matchup against the Charlotte Hornets on the road couldn’t come soon enough.
54 days until the Bulls tip off in Charlotte. 🤓 pic.twitter.com/0BqdFmGxZJ
— Bulls Talk (@NBCSBulls) August 30, 2019
- The beginning of this season should actually be a fun one, and it’s possible we get some of our best Bulls basketball over the course of the first five games.
- Friendly reminder: Chicago has, supposedly, one of the easiest slates to start the 2019-20 season with four of the first five games against teams who were out of the playoffs last season. With a team riding the back of a new, unproven coaching staff, starting the season off with a winning mentality could really help jumpstart team chemistry. When adversity hits come November, we’ll really see what this team is shaping up to be, but finally having this young core experience a winning stretch together could certainly help down the road.
- The Bulls are around three-years-old when you consider the Jimmy Butler trade that started this rebuild. And much like an actual three-year-old, the Bulls have way more questions than answers right now. The Athletic’s Darnell Mayberry went ahead and posed one key question for all 16 current players under contract. While several players come with a scroll of inquiry, I’d have to say Mayberry picked probably the most pressing question for each player.
- My favorite question posed my Mayberry is regarding Otto Porter, and it’s simple: Who is the real Otto Porter? We saw 15 pretty miraculous games from the new Bulls forward last season, but it’s hard to imagine he can keep that up. Although, we’ve only seen Porter experience playing time on one team who at one point had multiple rising superstars. The Wizards had John Wall and Bradley Beal who could have easily been casting too big of a shadow over Porter. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is Porter’s best season of his career, as he finally has an opportunity to assert himself. Lastly, I think the question about whether Daniel Gafford can become the primary back-up center is important as well. Right now the Bulls have bodies to put under the basket, but that doesn’t mean they have depth. Someone will need to step up.
- I love seeing White hit up Wintrust Arena to take in a sky game.
— Chicago Sky (@wnbachicagosky) August 30, 2019
- Not only does it demonstrate just how much White enjoys the game of basketball, but it’s great publicity for the Sky. The WNBA has some serious ballers, and the Sky is putting together a solid turnaround season. People should be paying attention to this team, so I’m glad White is.
- Oh, yeah, this is the appropriate reaction to have for when White shows up anywhere.
COBY WHITE AND HIS GLORIOUS HEAD OF HAIR ARE HERE pic.twitter.com/yOgrlf8WyG
— Maggie Hendricks (@maggiehendricks) August 30, 2019
- Adam Mokoka is shaping up to be a real solid prospect. The guard is on a two-way contract and technically could see time in a big-league game this season, but it’s hard to imagine we’ll get a real good look at him with the newfound depth on this team. Nonetheless, it’ll be fun to keep track of what he does for the Windy City Bulls this season. Before Summer League Mokoka’s face might as well have been a huge question mark. Coming over from Europe, the information and stats on the youngster were minimal, but his athleticism and shot-making ability were on full display in Vegas.
🗣️ TWO-WAY TRACKER
🏆 2018 Pro A Best Young Player
🇫🇷 Appearances with French U16/18 national teams
— NBA G League (@nbagleague) August 29, 2019
- We talked defense yesterday and, SPOILER ALERT, the Bulls need to get a lot better.
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) August 29, 2019