Football makes me so mad.
Unlike my generally more tamed emotional response to just about every other sport and team out there, there’s something about the NFL (and the Bears, specifically) that has always provoked the anger in me. And last night was no exception. That sucked.
Anyway, you know what isn’t making us mad lately? The Chicago Bulls! I know that’s because they’re not playing right now, but I’ll take it!
- Coby White getting the hookup! I don’t know why, but my first thought was we need to get replica Coby White hair to put on the top of this car.
- I’ve continually gotten the feeling that there is a rather small, yet hardcore fan base for Ryan Arcidiacono. Hey, I like the guy, but I’m not riding the ship that he should be a primary back-up point guard. Mark Strotman continued his player previews with a closer look at Archie, and he hits it right on the nose. Arcidiacono should be a security-blanket for the Bulls who can come in a do what’s asked of him. In many ways, he’s similar to a solid relief pitcher in the MLB: a player who should come in for an inning, do his job and get out. And hey, if all is going according to plan, you probably don’t even need him.
- The Windy City Bulls have officially named their new head coach! Real talk, it’ll be worth keeping track of the G-league team this year to see how well rookie Adam Mokoka does. The Bulls signed the overseas shooting guard to a two-way contract earlier this offseason, and with rough wing depth currently on the pro-roster, he could come in handy.
Windy City #Bulls have named Damian Cotter their head coach, as others previously reported months back. Cotter was an assistant for Capital City Go-Go last season.
Josh Kreibich has been promoted to general manager. Bulls associate GM Brian Hagen had been Windy City's GM.
— Cody Westerlund (@CodyWesterlund) September 6, 2019
- The offense was playing that bad and you didn’t sign Zach LaVine to a contract right then and there!? Shameful.
Zach LaVine supporting his other Chicago squad
— Bulls Talk (@NBCSBulls) September 6, 2019
- Why is Mark Strotman making a comment regarding Otto Porter’s extreme fatigue in the 4th quarter?
Otto Porter midway through the 4th quarter every night. pic.twitter.com/aDuEyLqWL3
— Mark Strotman (@markstrot) September 5, 2019
- I’m glad you asked. Yesterday, the Bulls announced that small forward Chandler Hutchison suffered a hamstring strain, and when you consider the fact that he was, basically, the only viable option to back-up Otto Porter this makes clear sense.
- Derrick Rose wants to win a championship (don’t we all?). Recently, Rose spoke on Sirius XM and said: “I got all the accolades that I wanted, now it’s time for me to really get the one that I really, really want.” That would be the Larry O’Brien trophy, folks. I just want to make sure you’re following. Anyway, I wish Rose the best of luck. He went on to say he thinks the Pistons have a great chance in the East this season, and I don’t want to be rude to our pal D-Rose but … HAHAHAHA, OKAY, SURE!
- Mitch Trubisky has now been booed in half of the professional sports complexes in Chicago!
Never forget https://t.co/w1LRSxFBUq
— Jessica Smetana (@jessica_smetana) September 6, 2019
- I know this Team USA squad might be rather depressing, but the rest of the teams in the FIBA World Cup are pretty darn fun. We’ve already talked about the success of Tomas Satoransky, but it’s worth taking a look at the other NBA stars who are making an impact for their country. Good read.
On the best team in the world, old dogs, new tricks, and more: https://t.co/xRcm22NiKX
— Dan Devine (@YourManDevine) September 6, 2019