Friends: “Man, I can’t wait to hang out tonight.”
In rare twist of luck, this month's full moon coincides with Friday the 13th for the first time since October 2000. Even better, this month's full moon is the harvest moon: https://t.co/VmTlsuTYhi. pic.twitter.com/qL1Huhm4el
— WillCoForestPreserve (@WillCoForests) September 13, 2019
Me: “Oh, sorry, I actually can’t come out tonight!” *runs into the forest*
- Tomas Satoransky needs some rest, and he’s earned it. After posting one of the more impressive all-around stat lines at the FIBA World Cup (so far), Satoransky will have a relatively quick turnaround when he gets back to the Chicagoland area. Bulls Training Camp is scheduled to start on Oct. 1 and media day is set for the day prior. Satoransky has played the 4th-most minutes in the tournament, averaging 33.9 per game, so while he may be the most well-conditioned player when training camp starts, he’s also prone to be the most tired. According to Satoransky though, the Bulls said he can take off as many days as he needs to “regenerate the body.”
— Lukas Kuba (@Luke_Mellow) September 12, 2019
- I want the man to be well-rested, but (selfishly) I also want him on the court with the team as soon as possible. Practically the entire team has already been putting in work at the Advocate Center in Chicago. Considering the larger role we’re assuming he will take this season, the longer he can spend with the team behind the scenes, the better. On the other hand, you can look at this as a good thing for Coby White, who’s now had a pretty significant amount of time to bond and work with his new teammates. That’s not to say Satoransky’s presence would inhibit White from bonding with the team, but White may be getting more point guard work in with the projected starters.
- Kris Dunn is smiling!?
- Real Talk: Feed me more of this content. I don’t care if these smiles give me false hope, it’s so refreshing to see these guys all together with positive energy plastered on their faces.
- I have yet to see this, but Tom Thibodeau has apparently been doing color commentary. If we’re basing things solely off Twitter’s reaction, the former head coach isn’t doing so hot. I’m just wondering whose idea this was? We all could have told this wouldn’t end well.
Tom Thibodeau’s two favorite things as a commentator:
1. Ball pressure
— Dan Devine (@YourManDevine) September 13, 2019
- You want to see Dennis Rodman take a cigar out of his robotic forearm and then light it up? Specific request, but here you go:
Dennis Rodman is living in 3019 pic.twitter.com/ZqtcMyz0iA
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) September 12, 2019
- NBC Sports Chicago’s Mark Strotman has been killing it with his player previews. While reading about Markkanen and his fellow starters is important, I recommend taking a look at the articles about guys like Luke Kornet and Daniel Gafford. At the surface-level, we know what to expect (or the potential) for returning players, so it’s enjoyable to dig a bit deeper into what these new pieces can bring.
- TAKE THAT REGGIE MILLER!
— Chicago Bulls Archive (@BullsArchive) September 12, 2019
- If you haven’t paid any attention to the broadcast changes coming to the Chicagoland area, the Tribune’s got you covered. As the season looms, keep in mind NBC Sports Chicago will be taking over all Bulls games.
Remember: Starting October 1, NBC Sports Chicago is the only place you can watch the Bulls, Blackhawks and White Sox.
— Chicago Bulls (@chicagobulls) September 12, 2019
- Looks like the Bulls are testing the waters with UDFA Justin Simon. Hey, if it could potentially help with wing depth, I’m down.
The Bulls Are Reportedly Signing Undrafted Free-Agent Guard Justin Simonhttps://t.co/DmXIoKYW1z
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) September 12, 2019