Guess what? Basketball starts in under one month! Did you guess that? Wait, you did?
- Bleacher Report ranked the best defensive players at each position, and apparently Thaddeus Young is the fifth-best power forward. According to B/R, Young had the second-best defensive win shares among their qualified power forward’s. Not bad. Also, a good reminder, Young is sneaky good at forcing turnovers for a big man, finishing last season 14th in the league in steals.
- It’s no mystery the Bulls struggled on the defensive end last season, and adding a physical presence became a must. Fortunately, Young kills two birds with one stone as a proven veteran leader and productive rebounder/defender. As the season creeps up on us, part of me is starting to believe that he’ll be even more important than anticipated. Putting him on the court with Markkanen under center could be common, while Daniel Gafford and Luke Kornet prove their worth. We’ve also talked a lot recently about the addition of Satoransky and fresh health of this young core, but we shouldn’t forget that Young is, now, the most experienced player on this team.
- Coby White dribbles the basketball and talks about his hair in this video. What else do you need to know to watch this video?
- Mark Strotman with NBA Sports Chicago did a mailbag to talk about some hot topics as we look toward the start of training camp. The most interesting question, in my opinion, is in regards to the team’s lineup situation. Strotman believes the Bulls starting lineup will be relatively consistent and play around 50 games together. I think this is probably the safest bet, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see some interesting lineup combinations over the course of the season. I’m not sure how many bizarre pairings will start games, but with the team, most likely, having to embrace a more positionless-approach, things could get interesting.
- If you ever wanted to read about the creation of Benny the Bull’s tiktok, boy, do I have the article for you.
- Derrick Rose back in Chi-Town!
Chicago see you this Saturday. pic.twitter.com/ylU3ntYeih
— Derrick Rose (@drose) September 23, 2019
- *sheds a single tear*
— Swish Cultures (@swishcultures_) September 23, 2019
- I’ve seen quite a few tweets like this, and they get me excited and frustrated all at the same time. On paper, this roster is looking pretty solid. Sure, there are some issues at the wing behind LaVine and Porter, but as a whole, the depth is totally revamped from last season. Although, so many other factors play into how successful this team can really be. Just to name a few: health, coaching, chemistry, experience … must I go on?
It seems a lot of people are sleeping on the Chicago Bulls this season. This is one of the best young cores in the league, with strong vets added in FA.
— Stevie Cozens (@StevieCozens) September 22, 2019
- The Windy City Bulls actually gave us something to talk about yesterday. Chances are Milton Doyle will now be joining the Bulls at Training Camp and try to compete for the second two-way contract spot with Justin Simon.
The Windy City Bulls Just Traded for Chicago Native Milton Doylehttps://t.co/0igNpk0Rwm
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) September 23, 2019
- Yesterday, I broke down some Satoransky film, check it out.
Film Review: Tomas Satoransky’s FIBA Performance Has Me Feeling All Kinds of Wayshttps://t.co/scvyijMeIq
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) September 24, 2019