While covering the Bulls game last night, I missed the fact that the Washington Nationals beat the Los Angeles Dodgers and will be going to the NLCS.
- Please beat the Cardinals
We’re in one of the best sports months of the year, by the way. Don’t take it for granted! Basketball time!
- While the score may have ultimately said otherwise, the Bulls won last night. For the first time in a long time, we saw long stretches of modern and positive basketball in the United Center … from the Bulls!
- The team dropped 125 points on the Pelicans behind an incredibly strong offensive attack. And how about the ball movement! The team netted 38 assists on the night – to put that in perspective, they averaged just 21.9 assists per game last season (27th in the league). We’re dealing with a small sample size, but the team has now surpassed last year’s average in their first two preseason games, and it should be a solid example of the style we’re bound to see continue.
- The singular moment that stood out to me the most on the offensive side of the ball didn’t even amount to points. Fortunately, it was captured on Twitter for us:
Markkanen missed this corner three but the passing sequence to set up this shot may have been the best we've seen from the team in so damn long. pic.twitter.com/uuZK9OZALq
— See Red Mark (@mkhoops) October 10, 2019
- I’m sorry, am I even watching the Chicago Bulls!? The quick passing, unselfish basketball displayed in this single possession almost screams: “LOOK WE’VE CHANGED! TAKE US BACK!” Each player looks so locked-in on this play, and they’re all working to get the highest-percentage look possible. Tomas Satoransky could’ve easily popped the three, same goes for Coby White if you factor in his quick release, but they instead throw it to one of their best three-point look in the corner. Unfortunately, Lauri Markkanen missed the shot, but it was one heck of a beautiful look. Process over results. Every time.
- Speaking of which, the lineup seen above is most likely the Bulls best offensive option. The additions of Satoransky, Kornet and White allow for a confident shooter at each position. If the team needs to keep up with a quick-scoring offense, this is a great lineup for Jim Boylen to have at his disposal. I have a feeling we’ll be seeing a lot more of it.
This lineup has 18 points in a 5-minute stretch https://t.co/dRh4I5vZv1
— Cody Westerlund (@CodyWesterlund) October 10, 2019
- The Athletic’s Darnell Mayberry gives his Top-5 observations from last night, and he offers up a great stat to show just how impressive this newfound ball movement is. Yesterday, the team had 24 assists at halftime … the 2018-19 season high was 33.
Coach Boylen: "Zach's a special cat. He's locked in. He's worked very hard and makes it look easy at times. Proud of him." pic.twitter.com/Uwv6jwwaGE
— Chicago Bulls (@chicagobulls) October 10, 2019
- Daniel Gafford was outshined by his more experienced counterpart, Luke Kornet, but he still managed to have a highlight-reel dunk. It’s hard to say after last night whether Gafford can beat out Kornet for the backup role, but he’ll certainly earn minutes with athleticism like this.
- Watch this video or your doing yourself a disservice.
LeBron James attracts many pests, but Joakim Noah might be the best player to ever beef with him.
This is BEEF HISTORY.
— SB Nation (@SBNation) October 9, 2019
- Joakim Noah and LeBron James had an NBA beef we may not have appreciated enough at the time.
- D-Rose came off the bench last night for the Detriot Pistons and went OFF. I love to see him do well, but I’m also terrified he’ll do this each time they play the Bulls.
D-Rose still got the juice 🔥🌹 pic.twitter.com/jgMfv07w6d
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) October 10, 2019
- Do NBA rejects just go to Greece?
Scott Skiles has been contacted about his interest in replacing David Blatt as coach of Greece’s Olympiakos, his agent Keith Glass tells ESPN. Skiles has coached four NBA teams, most recently with Orlando in 2016. “Coaching still interests Scott,” Glass said.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) October 10, 2019
- If you leave a game early, you don’t deserve a free hot dog.
Some people left this game early and won't have a clue that they just won a free hotdog from Portillo's tonight
— Tony Gill (@tonygill670) October 10, 2019
- Did me some talking on the radio this morning. I gave plenty of more thoughts on these first two preseason games, so tune in if interested!
If you're interested in listening, podcast link below. I can't remember the last time I had this many positives to talk about. I like it when the Bulls don't hurt me!
— Elias Schuster (@Schuster_Elias) October 10, 2019