Big fan of this sweater weather kicking in.
My fall/winter clothes game is strong, so I’m thriving with this change of temperature. And before we know it, the weather is almost going to be as cold as the ice in Coby White’s veins last night!
- Let’s start things off with a frustrating health update. According to The Athletic’s Shams Charania, Chandler Hutchison has suffered yet another hamstring strain. Already sidelined since the start of Training Camp with a hamstring issue, the second-year forward is now expected to miss even more time. If we’re being honest, the Bulls have looked pretty solid on the floor in his absence, but the lack of depth at the wing could still pose a problem during the regular season. It’s unclear how much of a role head coach Jim Boylen was envisioning for Hutchison, but I guess we’ll have to wait even longer to find out.
- Also, according to Charania, the Bulls have talked to free agent Iman Shumpert (though we don’t know when), which has been rumored in the past. The comment came while mentioning the Memphis Grizzles’ possible interest in the veteran, but it’s worth a quick note nonetheless. Shumpert could add a more reliable piece for the Bulls at the wing, but as more of a guard (traditionally), it’s hard to imagine adding him to an already crowded backcourt.
- FEAST YOUR EYES ON COBY BUCKETS!
Wake Up and Watch Coby White Drop 29 Off the Bench!https://t.co/TxUFkDc4on
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) October 18, 2019
- Since we already wrote about White this morning, I’m not going to stay on the topic for too long, but man he’s coming into his own. I love to see him gain confidence this early-on, and if he can legitimately prove to be an off-the-bench threat this season, the Bulls playoff chances become that much better. If one thing is for sure, he’s teammates and coaches are fully aboard the Coby White bandwagon. Check out the comments shared in K.C. Johnson’s latest piece. You can also hear more from White in this great piece by The Athletic’s Darnell Mayberry.
- The Bulls Talk podcast preview this upcoming season, and they’re saying the right things about Lauri Markkanen.
Here's what our Bulls analysts had to say about the final tune-up before the regular season, including some slight worry about a quiet preseason from Lauri Markkanen: https://t.co/MUtsXgUObz pic.twitter.com/Hyo3fqM40U
— Bulls Talk (@NBCSBulls) October 18, 2019
- The preseason has taught us a lot, but it’s also given us one major question. How does Lauri Markkanen fit into all of this? Will Perdue brings up a great point about all this talk from the Bulls on Markkanen’s improved size and strength, yet we haven’t seen it. It’s possible the Bulls are waiting to unleash The Finnisher once the regular season tips-off, but I wish I saw Markkanen on the move more this preseason. To me, it still feels like he’s standing in the corner waiting for his three, and that’s not going to cut it. Sure, Markkanen grabbed double-digit rebounds last night, but we know he’s so much more than that.
- NEW FAVORITE GIF!
— Chicago Bulls (@chicagobulls) October 18, 2019
- WAIT, JUST KIDDING. NEW FAVORITE GIF!
Thaddeus Young with Coby White's hair lol pic.twitter.com/MspCBXdn4Y
— Ⓜ️arcusD ▶️ (@_MarcusD3_) October 18, 2019
- I tweeted out during the game last night that Wendell Carter Jr. looked gassed, and then he went on to have eight points, eight rebounds, and three blocks. He also had a sick poster dunk. I’m such a scrub.
- ICYMI: Luol Deng retired yesterday as a member of the Chicago Bulls.
- This is Zach LaVine’s world, and we’re all just living in it.