Every morning I wake up on a Bulls’ game day, I feel like it’s a tad gloomy outside.
I know that’s just Chicago winter coming around, but it feels so fitting.
- The new City Edition Jerseys are here, and they’ve received mixed reviews. What do you think?
Turns out the BN staff has strongly divergent opinions on these. https://t.co/tdMHvDBRcX
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) November 20, 2019
- I keep seeing people comment that these aren’t nearly as cool as the previous Chicago-Flag-inspired jerseys, which I would definitely agree. However, that doesn’t mean they’re categorically bad. Topping the other editions was going to be incredibly difficult, and the team was going to have to try something new at some point. These powder blues aren’t the best, but they could easily be a lot worse.
- The biggest problem I’ve seen people have so far is the giant Bulls logo front and center, which apparently the team’s designated tweeter forgot the team had done before …
- Overall, I think they’re totally fine. I’d just recommend holding back any harsh judgment until we see the team sport them for a game, the first of which will be on December 4th against the Memphis Grizzlies.
- In other (more important) news, the Bulls announced earlier today that Otto Porter received a second MRI which found a bone bruise on his left foot. We already have something up about this, so check it out for more. Porter will be re-evaluated in two weeks.
- Also, word just came out that Chandler Hutchison is out for tonight, too … so yikes. More on that in a bit.
- The Bulls take on the Detroit Pistons tonight, one of the rare teams they actually beat this season! The only difference this time: Blake Griffin should be on the floor. I wrote about this in our weekly preview released on Monday, but to reiterate, Griffin is my one player to keep an eye on. Since coming back from injury, he’s only appeared in two games thus far. And while he dropped 19 points in both outings, he has yet to have that big bounce-back game. Considering the Bulls are … well, the Bulls … I’m scared that performance might come tonight.
- Fortunately, I feel a bit better about the Bulls’ potential impact on the boards and around the glass tonight because of Daniel Gafford. He played first-half minutes for the first time this season against the Bucks, and he provided exactly what this Bulls team has been lacking from a rim-running and energy standpoint. However, as NBC Sports Chicago’s K.C. Johnsons writes, Gafford is doing anything but celebrating one solid performance. Johnson shares some great quotes from the big man, so give the piece a read. I expect Gafford to be a big part of the rotation tonight.
- LUUUUUU IN THE HOUSEEEEEE!
Bulls announce Luol Deng will be at Bulls-Pistons game so expect him getting honored that night after signing 1-day contract to retire as a Bull.
Deng and DRose reunited for 1 night.
— K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) November 19, 2019
- I’m all here for Wendell Wednesday’s.
13.1 points, 9.6 boards, 59% FG, team leader in win shares, most consistent player on the Bulls so far.
Happy Wendell Wednesday pic.twitter.com/Od4uzn4Oab
— Bulls Talk (@NBCSBulls) November 20, 2019
- The Athletic’s Stephen Noh coming in hot with the analysis, per usual. Great read.
Jim Boylen's coaching schemes have been receiving a lot of public criticism, both fair and unfair.
Here's a look into what the Bulls are doing schematically that is conventional and where they're diverging from the pack: https://t.co/yE26kLFBa8
— Stephen Noh (@StephNoh) November 20, 2019
- Comedian Kevin Hart brought Dennis Rodman on his web series Cold As Balls. I’m pretty sure you can imagine how it went, but anything with The Worm is usually worth giving a watch.