Enjoy your weekend, folks! Try to spread some positivity and smile!
- IT’S OFFICIAL! The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announced its 2020 class on Saturday and let’s just say it’s elite: Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, and Kevin Garnett were all inducted alongside a group of top-of-the-line coaches.
— NBA (@NBA) April 4, 2020
- What a stellar group! Obviously, all three are incredibly worthy, but it means just a little bit more to see Kobe Bryant on that list. Of course (and unfortunately), we’ll be deprived of what would have been a historic HOF speech, but at least we’re still able to celebrate his life and legacy.
- Separately, I know sometimes people like to poke fun at HOFs, especially when it feels like everyone gets inducted, but I’d say basketball has always done a pretty good job at (1) making it feel like a big deal and (2) limiting it to the top talent. Plus, at the end of the day, this is more for the player than it is anyone else. I always enjoy seeing the emotions shine through. Championships and end-of-season awards are special, but nothing says “your hard work paid off” quite like this honor.
- Switching gears to some less happy news … the NBA might not finish the 2019-20 season. Read our post from earlier today for any of the logistics.
Report: The NBA Is Already Preparing for a Potentially Cancelled Seasonhttps://t.co/67cjSfjyk0
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) April 4, 2020
- Of course, I’m incredibly disappointed by this latest report, and I’m assuming you feel the same way. Though, I’m choosing to be optimistic for now. As the weeks go by, it makes sense for the NBA to consider all possible paths. Nobody is currently saying the league will cancel the season, and nobody has ruled out some kind of postseason play. Everything is changing rapidly. So while this was a bad week for the NBA, who’s to say next week won’t be a good one? Let’s be patient.
- ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski gave quarantined Bulls fans some very important news yesterday. According to the insider, the Reinsdorfs will move forward with hiring a new top executive who will have full authority over basketball operations. The names of several potential candidates have already surfaced and interviews are said to start next week. Familiarize yourself with some of the folks on the list:
Meet the First Four Candidates Reportedly on the Table in the Bulls Front Office Overhaulhttps://t.co/zIF2RgJCOz
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) April 3, 2020
- Zach LaVine participated in the NBA 2K Tournament yesterday only to get smoked by the Suns DeAndre Ayton. I would say it took about 2 minutes to realize the game isn’t necessarily LaVine’s strong suit.
- Yes, this was a thing, and it was a glorious thing.
— Rob Schaefer (@rob_schaef) April 4, 2020
- LISTEN TO THE GOAT OR YOU’LL BE DUNKED ON.
— Xtina (@XgonaGiveIt2ya_) April 3, 2020