Let’s start a winning streak!
Chicago Bulls at Indiana Pacers – 6:00 p.m. CT, NBC Sports Chicago, 670 The Score (audio)
1. Tomas Satoransky
2. Patrick Williams
3. Zach LaVine
4. Thaddeus Young
5. Nikola Vucevic
Injury Report: Garrett Temple OUT (hamstring), Daniel Thies OUT (excused absence)
1. Jeremy Lamb
2. Caris LeVert
3. Doug McDermott
4. Justin Holiday
5. Myles Turner
Injury Report: Malcolm Brogdon OUT (hip), Domantas Sabonis OUT (ankle)
Sabonis and Brogdon are OUT
Lamb is MOST LIKELY IN (unofficial)#PacersBulls
— J. Michael (@ThisIsJMichael) April 6, 2021
What to Watch For …
• No Sabonis or Brogdon is a pretty big break for the Bulls. We’ve seen this team struggle to take advantage of these kinds of opportunities in the past, so let’s hope their new faces can help flip them better take care of business.
• Coby White will return to the floor tonight after a brief one-game absence due to the NBA’s COVID protocols. With his return, I’ll be interested to see what happens to Troy Brown’s minutes. The 21-year-old guard saw his most minutes yet in a Bulls uniform last game, and he made the most of them with some fierce defense on Kyrie Irving and seven rebounds. It’s hard not to think that Brown’s perimeter defense and athletism aren’t enough to make him a steady part of the rotation, but Donovan has appeared hesitant to use him consistently thus far. Tonight should give us an idea of whether or not his productive performance on Sunday finally made an impression on his new head coach.
• The Bulls have committed single-digit turnovers in three straight games, which is quite an impressive accomplishment for a team that has averaged the most TOVs per game for a large portion of this season. So … can they make it four? The Pacers force opponents into the 3rd-most TOVs a night, so it will surely be a lot easier said than done.
• Likewise, the Bulls fouling trouble has trended in a more positive direction thanks to their new additions. The last time they played the Pacers, they committed 24 personal fouls and allowed 31 free throw attempts. No Malcolm Brogdon or Domantas Sabonis tonight for the Pacers should make things easier on the Bulls, but they’ll still need to be careful guarding an aggressive scorer like Caris LeVert and a physical presence like Myles Turner.
• Sato had a season-high in assists and points against the Nets … will he carry the momentum into this one?
Get Caught Up …
LIVE: Head Coach Billy Donovan’s media availability prior to tonight’s game against the Pacers https://t.co/SAqV8TqUDV
— Chicago Bulls (@chicagobulls) April 6, 2021
Bulls Weekly Preview: Pacers, Raptors, Hawks, Timberwolves – April 6-11th, 2021https://t.co/4PqYuFE58W
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) April 6, 2021