Time to forget about last night.
Charlotte Hornets at Chicago Bulls – 8:00 p.m. CT, NBC Sports Chicago, 670 The Score (audio)
1. Coby White
2. Garrett Temple
3. Patrick Williams
4. Thaddeus Young
5. Nikola Vucevic
Injury Report: Zach LaVine OUT (NBA Protocol), Troy Brown Jr. OUT (ankle)
1. Terry Rozier
2. Devonte’ Graham
3. Miles Bridges
4. Jalen McDaniels
5. Vernon Carey Jr.
Injury Report: Gordon Hayward OUT (foot), LaMelo Ball (wrist) OUT, Malik Monk OUT (ankle), Nate Darling OUT (ankle)
What to Watch For …
• Another depleted opponent … another game I’m not sure which Bulls team will show up. After surprisingly beating Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown the Bulls decided to lay a massive egg against a Cavaliers team they beat by double digits only a couple of nights before. The first line of defense let Collin Sexton and Darius Garland combine for 55 points, 11 assists, and 6 rebounds. Not to mention, the Cavs sank 16 three-pointers, which tied their 3rd-highest mark on the season. I wish I could say the Bulls backcourt has an easier matchup tonight, but they don’t. Terry Rozier and Devonte’ Graham are two players who know how to hit the deep ball. Rozier is shooting 40.5 percent from behind the arc while Graham is knocking down his shots at a 37.5 percent clip.
• The Hornets have lost five of their last six games, but that hasn’t stopped Rozier from going off. The guard is scoring 24.4 points per game with 8.0 assists and 6.8 rebounds. Good luck, Garrett Temple (who I’m assuming will get the defensive assignment)!
• Nikola Vucevic needs to eat. After snapping his streak of 106 games with 10 or more points, the big man scored just 9 points in last night’s loss to the Cavs. With an inexperienced trio of Jalen McDaniel, Vernon Carey Jr., and PJ Washington in the backcourt, there is no reason this shouldn’t be a bounceback game for the big man.
• FWIW: The Hornets do allow the most opponent assists per game, so that could bode well for this Bulls offense that averages the 5th-most assists per game.
• Just act like you care … please.
Get Caught Up …
Troy Brown Jr. got an MRI on sprained ankle once Bulls got back to Chicago, confirmed diagnosis. Needs swelling to die down now. Out tonight, status vs. MIA on Saturday uncertain, per Billy Donovan.
— Rob Schaefer (@rob_schaef) April 22, 2021
LIVE: Billy Donovan pregame vs. Hornets https://t.co/axOmuPuTWN
— Chicago Bulls (@chicagobulls) April 22, 2021