Hooray! The Chicago Cubs aren’t going to lose every single game of the 2011 season! Well, er, probably. I suppose it’s technically still possible.
- Kosuke Fukudome led off once again, in another sign of things to come. He had one hit in three at bats.
- Blake DeWitt continues to struggle, in a sign of things that we hope won’t come. He’s hitless on the Spring after going 0 for 3, and added another error.
- Reed Johnson got another starting look, and went 1 for 3, as he battles Fernando Perez (DNP) for the fifth outfielder spot.
- On the pitching side of things, Ryan Dempster got his Spring off to a good start with three solid innings.
- As for actual pitching battles, Todd Wellemeyer went two scoreless, striking out two. Jeff Stevens (yeah, he’s still around), Esmailin Caridad (yup, him, too) and Casey Coleman each threw a scoreless frame. Scott Maine gave up two hits, a walk, and an earned run in his inning of work.
Michael Badgley Joins Bears Practice Squad and is Immediately Elevated to the Active Roster to Replace Cairo Santos